Locked/Heavy Steering

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2023, 09:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Locked/Heavy Steering

Have a 2018 F150 King Ranch. Bought it used. I always thought the steering was pretty heavy compared to all the other trucks I've driven. Was stopped and turning through traffic one day. When the Auto Stop re-engaged, I went to turn through oncoming traffic and the wheel would not turn. As I rolled through the lane it slowly became responsive. When I finally got into the lot I was turning into I gave myself a few minutes to catch my breath and check to make sure I didn't **** myself. I have since installed Auto Stop Eliminator and the locked steering has not occurred again, but the steering is still heavy. I'm thinking it's something to do with the electronic Steering Control Module or Rack (or both). Any suggestions on how this can be fixed/addressed? Everything on the truck is stock including wheels and suspension. Can this be reset or recalibrated or will it just need to be replaced? Like most people here, just trying to have a focused plan before taking to a mechanic so I don't end up paying out the *** for needless troubleshooting.

Last edited by srl6869; 12-03-2023 at 09:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Locked/Heavy Steering