Lowering a 2018 FX4?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 07:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lowering a 2018 FX4?

Does anybody know of a kit to lower the new FX4? I just bought a new super crew it's just a tad high for a short guy with an even shorter wife. Thanks all!

Old 02-09-2018, 10:23 AM
I was wondering about lowering a 2017,as well,did a search here and seems everyone is lifting....
here is my question=
I have a 2017 Lariat with 3.5liter,355 rear gears,scab,etc.FX4,7000# GVWR package
Was wondering about lowering the rear,to look level with front.
wondering about pinion angle changes,rear shocks bottoming out....etc and gas mileage,using stock wheel/tires = 275/55R-20 BSW All-Terrain[factory wheel+tire for Lariat special edition
I would like the truck level,but not at the expense of ride,handling,fuel mileage .....
thank you

Old 02-11-2018, 10:58 AM
azsc, how much you looking to lower it? You want it slammed or just and inch or two? Just the back or the front too?

I know this doesn't pertain to the new trucks out there, or maybe it does, on my 07 it had a mean rake from front to back. To the point that every time I hit the brakes it felt like it nose dived. Not to mention the understeer when taking a turn. I completely removed the 2" blocks in the rear end that sit between the axle and leaf springs and it totally changed not only the look and stance of the vehicle but also the handling characteristics. I could actually feel all four corners braking not just the front. And I could take turn much more "flatter" with better control.
I did it without any fancy tools, just a jack, some jack stands, some hand tools, shorter u-bolts, and about 30-45 minutes, what a difference!

Like I said, I haven't kept up with what the new trucks have underneath, but might be something to look into.

Old 02-11-2018, 09:45 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
2wd struts and remove the lift block (get 2wd u bolts) and you will sit at the factory 2wd height about -2" all the way around

Old 06-17-2018, 11:01 AM
I have a 17 2wd Regular cab short bed and it was impossible to get in to the bed so I lowered it. I used DJM 3” lowering control arms in front a the 4” Belltech kit in the rear. The shocks were replaced with Bilstein zinc body shocks, I do not have the numbers handy but I can get them if you are interested. The fronts are designed to lift but the lower groove is stock ride height and I machined two more grooves for an additional 1” of lowering if I choose. The rear shocks are from the front of a Toyota/Nissan /Bronco listing and are shorter collapsed to make up for the 4” lowering. I still have 5” before bottoming o
in the rear so I can still use the vehicle as designed. The ride is excellent and the rear shock rates got rid of the rear jolt over square edged bumps that F150’s are notorious for.

Quick Reply: Lowering a 2018 FX4?