Factory warranty/leveling question

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 07:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory warranty/leveling question

Hello everyone, Pretty new here. I tried looking for an answer to my question but didn't seem to come across it in any threads.

I recently bought a:
2011 FX4 Screw
It now has 45,000

I wanted to add a 2-2.5" leveling kit to the front end to give it a little bit of that raised look. I have a factory warranty with the dealer extended to 100,000 miles. When I recently had it in for oil change and tire rotation, they informed me that a leveling kit would void any warranties I had. They also said they wouldn't give me any problems but if Ford had to come in to investigate at all I would be screwed. Does anyone have any inside knowledge with Ford that might know if this is true or what steps I can take to actually get the leveling kit?

Thanks in advance for all your help

Old 11-24-2015, 08:53 PM
What they said sounds about right. It'll void any warranty related to a suspension component. If something else goes wrong they just have to prove that the leveling kit somehow affected it. But some dealerships will still honor the warranty as long as they do the install, some won't. It basically falls into their discretion. So you can always try a different dealership, but at the end of the day if you don't have some agreement in writing with them they can always come back and say it voids the warranty.

Old 11-25-2015, 10:14 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mrags
...I wanted to add a 2-2.5" leveling kit to the front end to give it a little bit of that raised look. I have a factory warranty with the dealer extended to 100,000 miles. When I recently had it in for oil change and tire rotation, they informed me that a leveling kit would void any warranties I had. They also said they wouldn't give me any problems but if Ford had to come in to investigate at all I would be screwed...
Hi Mrags,

Using a leveling kit won't necessarily void your warranty, but if it's found to cause a Ford part to fail, you'd be responsible for the related repair. If you're concerned, I'd recommend reaching out to the service manager at your dealership directly.

Crystal

Old 11-25-2015, 10:29 AM
Thank you both very much. I have a buddy that works at Toyota and of course his response was... "Should have bought a Tundra and we could have lifted it as much as you want and it wouldn't void anything" ... Yeah, but Toyota Sucks, lol.

I'll put in a call to the service manager there before I make any moves. Thanks again.

Old 11-25-2015, 11:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I love my F150, but I wouldn't openly say Toyota sucks. A friend just got a 2015 Tundra, nice truck. I'm not biased and don't und understand why so many are.

Anyway, that is all.

Old 11-25-2015, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by 2008_XL
I love my F150, but I wouldn't openly say Toyota sucks. A friend just got a 2015 Tundra, nice truck. I'm not biased and don't und understand why so many are.

Anyway, that is all.
I can't stand their interiors. Any Toyota interior for that matter. Very plasticy and feels cheaply made to me. Always have. The interior door moldings always felt paper thin to me.

Fwiw, I really like the look of the exteriors. But that's about it

Old 11-25-2015, 11:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mrags
I can't stand their interiors. Any Toyota interior for that matter. Very plasticy and feels cheaply made to me. Always have. The interior door moldings always felt paper thin to me.

Fwiw, I really like the look of the exteriors. But that's about it
I figure its a to each their own kind of thing. I don't think any of the trucks out there suck (the Titan is a little dated), but I just like the F150 a little better.

Sorry to get off topic.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think most any lifts and changes to OEM makes most warranties void.That's just the realist in me.

As to who sucks....?
My Tacoma has 356k and is almost all original parts in great condition all things considered...my last F250 4x4 had 450k on it and was starting to go....so I got my 1st Toyota 4x4 truck(used) and put 560k on it before I sold it for more than I paid for it...

I really like my 01 F-150 but seriously doubt I will mess with the suspension much.It rides just fine the way it is.
And most of the trucks I see(all the time)constantly in the shop with broken axles,suspensions,wheels are the modified ones...plus the folks who just don't know how to drive.....lol

Quick Reply: Factory warranty/leveling question