Would 1/2" level cause need for alignment?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 11:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Would 1/2" level cause need for alignment?

I know it would affect the camber/caster slightly. But this is a 1/4" piece of aluminum not a 2.5" level kit.

Just had an alignment recently after replacing the entire front suspension and don't want to spend another $80 if that slight of a level isn't going to throw things off much.

Yes I know, alignments are always recommend when adding level kits. But most are adding 2"-2.5" and I'm just going with 1/2". Ha

And if it's if going to mess up my caster and camber a lot, I'll just wait till I need an alignment and throw on the spacer then. 1/2" won't make or break my stance.

Thanks.

Old 09-05-2015, 01:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow! Wrong forum! Sorry! Can a mod move this to suspension?

When using an iPhone on this site, the pages take forever to load and as they're loading, move up if you haven't fully waiting causing you to click on the wrong forum.

Sorry about that.

Old 09-06-2015, 07:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2008_XL
I know it would affect the camber/caster slightly. But this is a 1/4" piece of aluminum not a 2.5" level kit.

Just had an alignment recently after replacing the entire front suspension and don't want to spend another $80 if that slight of a level isn't going to throw things off much.

Yes I know, alignments are always recommend when adding level kits. But most are adding 2"-2.5" and I'm just going with 1/2". Ha

And if it's if going to mess up my caster and camber a lot, I'll just wait till I need an alignment and throw on the spacer then. 1/2" won't make or break my stance.

Thanks.
Yes you'll need an alignment. It won't be a drastic change like going with a 2" level but it'll still be enough to jack up your tire wear patterns.

Quick Reply: Would 1/2" level cause need for alignment?