Skyjacker lift kit question.

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 07:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skyjacker lift kit question.

I wouln'd be surprised if this has already been asked but I couldn't find anything here so here goes. I've been looking at Skyjacker lift kits (specifically F4601KS-NSP-H) because they replace the rear leafs instead of adding abigger block as most lift kits do. Any input on these? I do use my truck in mild off roading (nothing too extreme since it's my DD and I can't afford to break stuff all the time). I figured I would ask people that can give me an honest opinion. Can't seem to find much out there. Thanks guys.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:13 AM

Guy on another forum asked about Skyjacker's lifts, and we came to the conclusion that almost no one has one to ask about it.

I wouldn't worry about breaking stuff though. I'm getting 6" lift Skyjacker replacement leafs for my Fabtech because they only provide a friggin 2" block when I'll get running 8" up front. But that makes just the lift parts over $2k. Blocks are fine for moderate stuff. I think you be fine with just the 6" Zone or RC.

Old 06-01-2014, 03:51 PM
That seems to be about what I'm able to find out. I know Skyjacker has been around for a long time and they were ran quite a bit on the older trucks but I don't know about newer trucks. I like that it's a front strut replacement and you have the option of either a block, add a leaf or leaf pack for the rear. I definitely want a strut replacement for the front and would rather not run a big block in the rear if I can avoid it but I don't want a garbage lift either. She's my DD but I do like to get it dirty when I get the chance so I need something that will hold up to it.

Old 06-02-2014, 12:08 AM

Skyjackers are still common on Jeeps and may be more common on other trucks. The 2WD Fabtechs use a longer strut too, and that's what sold me. I literally never take mine off the pavement though; just once in 2+ years for like 10 minutes haha.

People beat the **** out of RCX lifts and those hold up fine. I think almost all name-brand lifts are of good quality.

Quick Reply: Skyjacker lift kit question.