UCA balljoint to Spindle

Old 01-13-2014, 12:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UCA balljoint to Spindle

Hello,

Need some help since i'm stuck on this one. I have an 05 and just changed my UCA, lower balljoint and tie rod end and front shocks Bilstein 5100 not the ride hide but has 0,2 and 3 settings i beleive. The schock i have the shop put the new ones to the same coilspring.

Here is the problem, i cant seem to connect the spindle to upper control arm even if i jack the lower arm and it just raise the truck. I'm not sure if the shop set the shocks to the highest setting? Ihave the shop to replace the shock since i'mnot comfortable onthe rented spring compressor

For those who do this job what are the tricks to connect to UCA to the spindle since i'm stuck on this one, do i have to unbolt the lower sway bar? Please help.

Thanks

Old 01-13-2014, 10:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like they set them to 3" for sure. I had this problem with a set up I had at one point as well. In my opinion this seals the deal on why going that high is hard on your components. If you're having to compress the spring just to get the upper arm to connect to the spindle, think of the constant pressure it's putting on the joints after you get it all together and release the coils. McPherson spring compressors are adequate and safe enough if you're smart about it, follow the directions a and use caution. I do recommend removing the coils from the tower mount first though. Or take them back to the shop and hope they won't charge you again
Cheers!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: UCA balljoint to Spindle