Help identifying lift

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 07:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help identifying lift

Hello. This is my first post. I recently purchased a '93 XLT 4X4, 5spd with the 5.0. The truck is lifted quite a bit (maybe 4-6", but I don't know for sure). There are some Superlift Superride shocks up front, but I can't tell if everything else is stock. The rear has a whole bunch of ad-leafs + blocks. There are 9 total springs per pack.

The tires are only 31" and I think the whole set-up looks kind of silly with all that space between the tires and wheel wells.

I don't much about suspensions, and I know even less about lift kits, so I'm hoping someone can help tell me what exactly I got going on down there. I can't upload pics to my posts yet, but there are some good shots in my album. I'll add some pics of the suspension as soon as I'm allowed.

Thanks!

Old 01-02-2014, 11:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pics added!

Hey all. Here are some shots of the front and rear suspension on the '93. I really don't know what I'm looking at besides some aftermarket shocks up front, and a bunch of leaf springs out back.

Is there a way to lower this beast from it's current height (which I'm not exactly sure of) to maybe something like 2-3"? In the rear, I was thinking I could remove the rear blocks, but leave the leafs as-is if that's feasible. I'm not sure what to do about the front because I don't know what is actually affecting the lift. Is it just those big shocks and springs? Or is there something else I'm not seeing?

If removing/reducing the current lift is something that would be too expensive or time consuming then my Plan B is bigger tires. As mentioned in the original post, I think it looks silly with the 31's.

Anyway, I'd be very appreciative of any help you guys can offer. Thanks!

Name:  IMAG0431_zpsbe002b38.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  89.4 KB
Name:  IMAG0434_zps19f4c4cd.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  74.6 KB

Name:  IMAG0436_zps503c1dfa.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  93.5 KB

Name:  IMAG0441_zps571f52d8.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  79.9 KB