deaver leaves.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 08:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
deaver leaves.

Anybody used the deaver f49 leaves in the back of a 97-03? Im sure they ride and flex pretty well but how do they handle a load? I may have to be a guinea pig.

Old 07-04-2013, 02:24 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
While I have never used those, I've done some homework on spring packs in general due to my own interest. Leaf spring packs is another one of those areas where you don't get to have your cake and eat it too! No matter how you slice it, there'll be quite a bit of compromise. You'll need to pick one or the other or decide where in the middle ground you'd like to be. If you're towing or hauling, then you should lean that direction and get a pack from them that'll do the job. Keep this in mind though...you can get a custom spring pack from someone like Deaver that'll handle a load and still be leaps and bounds better than stock.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:10 AM
I know exactly what you mean. While I dont tow anything heavy real often. My boat is about the biggest thing I tow regularly and the tongue weight on that is only 1-150 pounds haven't checked it. So I'm leaning on the side of going for flexibility. However I don't wanna go too soft for the occasions I do end up hooking up the tow trailer which is maybe twice a year. Think ill just call Deaver and let em work their magic.

Old 07-04-2013, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by Rock Krusher
My boat is about the biggest thing I tow regularly and the tongue weight on that is only 1-150 pounds
So your boat & trailer are only 1,500 lbs? Seems small. Remember, minimum of 10% on the tongue. If your boat is that small then yea, I agree; I'd go for flex/ride/handling over capacity also.

Originally Posted by Rock Krusher
Think ill just call Deaver and let em work their magic.
That's what I'd do!!!

Old 07-11-2013, 09:13 PM
if you only tow once or twice a year you should be fine. if you consistently tow then you may want to add a leaf to these. I have this leaf pack and a friend of mine uses his to tow his camper down to the dunes and I haven't heard him have much problems with it.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by fnnrNArnner74
if you only tow once or twice a year you should be fine. if you consistently tow then you may want to add a leaf to these.
The only thing I'd add differently to this is why would you spend the money on such a quality item and then throw an add-a-leaf on a bad @$$ set of springs? If you tow a lot, have them build you a set of springs accordingly so the add-a-leaf isn't required; you're already spending the money.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by Galaxy
The only thing I'd add differently to this is why would you spend the money on such a quality item and then throw an add-a-leaf on a bad @$$ set of springs? If you tow a lot, have them build you a set of springs accordingly so the add-a-leaf isn't required; you're already spending the money.
I don't know if by building them accordingly they would do much different. carlos the other LT f150 added a leaf to his springs and he likes the way they ride now. doesn't take anything away from him smashing through the desert.

Quick Reply: deaver leaves.