BDS 8" Lift; Truck Not Level in Rear

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 12:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BDS 8" Lift; Truck Not Level in Rear

Hi Guys/Gals,

I'm new to the forum, and I tried to research this issue before posting, so hopefully this isn't something that you answer repeatedly.

I have an 06 Mark LT and about a month ago I had an 8" BDS Lift put on w/20" XD wheels and 37X12.5 Trail Grapplers. It all looked perfect in the beginning, but now it's been a month and I think things have had time to settle and it is appearing to me that the drivers side rear is sitting about 1" lower than the passengers side rear.

I measured this a few different times on a few different level, wide open parking lots and I get the same thing. The height of the front drivers and front passenger side is near identical, but the height difference between the rear drivers side is around 1" lower than the rear passengers side.

I kept noticing that the fender gap between the two sides looked off, and I thought it was my imagination until I measured it.

Is this normal? Do I possibly have a saggy leaf or something? I wouldn't think I would because I only have about 37,000 miles on the truck and I don't tow anything. But it's annoying to me that it's not level.

Has anybody ran into this before?

Thanks for reading and any advice is appreciated.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:34 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Measure your rear blocks to verify they are the same size.

Check your leaf springs to see if they are wavy

pictures if you can.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't forget also gas tank is on that side so it can cause if to sag more especially on a full tank opposed to one sitting on e.

Quick Reply: BDS 8" Lift; Truck Not Level in Rear