small lift

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
small lift

Looking to add a small suspension lift on my 99 4x4. Somethin like a 3". I don't want a leveling kit because I don't want to put that much stress on everything. I've seen a few on Google images but I cant seem to find any to buy. My buddy has an 05 f250 I believe and he said his 3" lift only cost him 500. granted I know they are two completely different trucks but is it possible to find one that cheap?

Old 06-27-2012, 05:36 PM
Body lift and you do install yourself. Otherwise install will run you about 5-600. And you can crank your torsion bars for free plus an alignment which will gain you about 2" if you haven't already. Otherwise your only option is full suspension lift.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:21 AM
I agree with pizzaman.

Also, you can put on a full length add-a-leaf in the rear and then do the torsion bars. The AAL can give you 2", then level it out up front with the torsion bars, followed by a wheel alignment. Very inexpensive way to gain a few inches. The AAL is around 90.00. 4-wheel parts has the ProComp AAL with free shipping if you order online and pick-up in the store.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits...&t_pn=EXP13132

Old 06-28-2012, 08:55 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Be careful with adding things to lift the rear right away as every truck is a little bit different. Cranking up the torsion bars on my truck was a perfect level; adding anything to the rear of mine would have put the rear right back higher than the front. Crank your torsion bars all the way (or to wherever suits you) and then see where the back is. Then decide if you want to raise the rear any to level it back out.

Also, there are no "leveling kits" for your body style truck with torsion bar front suspension. Anything advertised as such is just reindexed torsion keys and they are a gimmic.

Small lift; the only thing available for your truck under 4" is a body lift. Rancho makes a very nice 4" suspension kit, but that's about as small as you're going to get.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I also suggest a body lift. I have pics in my gallary of my old Screw with a body lift on 33's and 35's.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:19 AM
BSL
Wandell, I love the setup you used to have and will be looking to copy it soon on my 02 scab. I know you posted somewhere what the backspacing on those rims was, but you're just too helpful so reading back through all of your posts would take forever. Were you running 4" or 4.5" backspacing and were they 16x8 or 16x10 rims? I'd like to have the wheels/tires stick out about like yours did, maybe even a little more. What should I throw in my wishlist at discount tire for after my bl install, 35's on 16x10 with 4" or 4.5" bs? Thanks for the help

Quick Reply: small lift