Camber bolts

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Camber bolts

I put a Groundforce 2/4 drop on my truck (front coil springs rear leaf springs) and my front tires are wearing really bad on the inside of the tire. I thought I read some places that you may or may not need new camber bolts with a drop. The alignment shop was able to get my truck aligned but they said it was maxed out. I need some input on if someone makes special bolts and if so where to get them.

I never rotate my tires due to lazyness and I need all new tires anway so that accerates the wear, but most of the wear is on the inside like I said.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Camber

I was also told by my mechanic that the factory bolts don't offer enough adjustment and they replace them with an aftermarket piece. I feel like you only get +/- 1 degree with the factory kit but the after market is +/- 2 degrees. Check out Rock auto as they offer a couple of different kits.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got mine at autozone, cost like 20 or so dollars if I remember right.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Camber bolts don't change how much your camber can be adjusted. They just make it easier for the alignment tech.

At only 2" of drop in the front, I doubt that you're "maxed out". You should have no issue getting the truck within specs at only 2" of drop. But in the event that your camber requires more adjustment than permitted by the factory holes, your only option is to enlarge the lower control arm bolt holes on the subframe. They're already oval in shape to allow for camber adjustment, but you would grind them further towards the center of the truck.

Last edited by EsJayEs; 04-23-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just elongate the control arm hole by 1/4 to 3/8" and you will be perfect.

in fact: that's the procedure to do if you want to drop the front with belltech strut at 3".

Quick Reply: Camber bolts