Bagged or dropped ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 11:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bagged or dropped ??

Hey guys!! well my truck is paid for (2003 fx4 f150) an i think its time for a switch in scenery an try my hand at a 2wd lowered truck. So with that being said, what do yall think? Should i bag it or do something like a 2/4 or 4/6 drop? I still want good ride quality an driveablity cause our roads around here suck!! All an any advice is very appreciated thanks yall!

Old 03-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So you're going to get rid of your FX4 and get a 2WD or you are going to bag or drop your FX4??? Confused by your post.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
keep your FX4 and buy a decent 2wd if your roads suck. and id just do a 4/6 drop

Old 03-27-2012, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by Milt IV
So you're going to get rid of your FX4 and get a 2WD or you are going to bag or drop your FX4??? Confused by your post.
No Sir, im keeping my 4x4 an just guna get a totally different truck to start a new project.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by 1997 lariat 4.6
keep your FX4 and buy a decent 2wd if your roads suck. and id just do a 4/6 drop
I am keeping it, i just want another project.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:12 PM
There are some Sick , Lowered 2wd's on this site. And People willing to share information. So just figure how low you can go , and still be comfortable. Keeping your finances in mind. And time frame you want it in. Because the skys the limit if youve got time and money. And a daily driver.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:13 PM
Or in this case " The ground is the Limit."

Trending Topics

Old 03-27-2012, 03:29 PM
I dont want anything to crazy just either bag it out or a drop with 22s an keep it clean.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:44 PM
You said the roads are bad. But , How bad ? Are we Talking, Dirt roads ? Your from Down on the Bayou. So I only know what I see on TV . Your not hunting gators with it, are you?

Old 03-27-2012, 05:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by southern2003fx4
No Sir, im keeping my 4x4 an just guna get a totally different truck to start a new project.
Oh okay now I get it. In that case, 100% bags all the way! I am on my 5th static dropped truck and to be quite honest I am sick and tired of it. You will be hard pressed to achieve any kind of decent ride unless you only plan to drop 1" up front and 3" out back, which is a complete waste of time IMO.

Just bag it and be done with it. Four link the rear with a watts link to center the axle, have a REPUTABLE shop make you some custom control arms up front and run cups, and if you want the ultimate in ride control go with Accu-Air e-level.

Make sure they mount the bags behind the axle for the best ride and make sure they set you up for the best ride at your actuall drive height. Some shops just set you up to be able to lay out going down the HWY and that sacrifices your overall ride quality at your predominate ride height. Sure going down the HWY laid out looks sick but how often are you really going to drive around with your frame rails 1" off the ground, very little.

Having the ability to adjust your ride height on the go is worth bags alone. Try pulling into a parking lot with a steep entrance on a 4 1/2 - 6 1/2 static drop, it blows. That being said, ride quality would be the ultimate reason to spend the money and do the bags.

I'm sure you can sense my frustration in this post and I can tell you that it comes with years of experience. As soon as I acquire and complete my C5 Z06 project this static drop with helper bags over the axle on my FX2 is going in the trash and I will be on air at all four corners with Accu-air e-level controlling it all.

Good luck with your project and keep us informed of your progress.

Last edited by Milt IV; 03-27-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:42 PM
Well
said.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by Jon Bourget
You said the roads are bad. But , How bad ? Are we Talking, Dirt roads ? Your from Down on the Bayou. So I only know what I see on TV . Your not hunting gators with it, are you?
Yes dirt roads but i avoid em..no gators for me! haha an the roads around here have tons of "Rim Cracker" pot holes!

Old 03-27-2012, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by Milt IV
Oh okay now I get it. In that case, 100% bags all the way! I am on my 5th static dropped truck and to be quite honest I am sick and tired of it. You will be hard pressed to achieve any kind of decent ride unless you only plan to drop 1" up front and 3" out back, which is a complete waste of time IMO.

Just bag it and be done with it. Four link the rear with a watts link to center the axle, have a REPUTABLE shop make you some custom control arms up front and run cups, and if you want the ultimate in ride control go with Accu-Air e-level.

Make sure they mount the bags behind the axle for the best ride and make sure they set you up for the best ride at your actuall drive height. Some shops just set you up to be able to lay out going down the HWY and that sacrifices your overall ride quality at your predominate ride height. Sure going down the HWY laid out looks sick but how often are you really going to drive around with your frame rails 1" off the ground, very little.

Having the ability to adjust your ride height on the go is worth bags alone. Try pulling into a parking lot with a steep entrance on a 4 1/2 - 6 1/2 static drop, it blows. That being said, ride quality would be the ultimate reason to spend the money and do the bags.

I'm sure you can sense my frustration in this post and I can tell you that it comes with years of experience. As soon as I acquire and complete my C5 Z06 project this static drop with helper bags over the axle on my FX2 is going in the trash and I will be on air at all four corners with Accu-air e-level controlling it all.

Good luck with your project and keep us informed of your progress.
Thanks Brother!!! This is some good info, so if i had a shop make me custon stuff for the front wouldnt that be pricey? and how good could the ride quality be? IDK if its possibly but i would like it to have a factory or less than factory stance going down the rode with bags but if i want to drop it down some i can i not always 1 inch from the ground because of were i live. if this is possble

Old 03-27-2012, 06:18 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
you could SAS your fx4 cheaper than you can bag a 2wd truck

but seriously, bags is the way to go, just be prepared to pay out the nose for the work. get a truck that they make a bag kit for? idk if they make those, but i would think it would be cheaper than paying a shop.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:56 PM
I certainly know about pot holes. I live in MA. Where poiticians line the pockets of their friends and family, and take trips abroad to chin wag with other such folks at the tax payers expense. While us common folk have to drive on the cobblestone, pot hole filled streets they hover across in state funded copters and private jets.

Quick Reply: Bagged or dropped ??