Yes to Monroe!?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 03:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Yes to Monroe!?!

I was recently in the market for some cheap, durable rear shocks to run temporarily on my '07 F150 4x4, which sees fairly heavy off-roading. They were only going to be temporary because I was going to get heavy duty off road shocks in the very near future. So, after much research and debate, and against the advise of many people on F150online, I went with Monroe Sensa-Track Load Levelers. The Load Levelers have variable valving for position sensitive dampening, same as the really high end stuff. The Load Levelers also have a large, full length coil around the shock, making them true "coilovers", yet is made to work with the leaf springs. They sounded too good to be true, so I did more research on them and found out Monroe is made by a company called Tenneco. Tenneco is known for producing high end suspension and intake/exhaust components through names such as Marzocchi, DynoMax, Kinetic, Axios, Rancho (the Rancho), Monroe and many more. After I put them on I went straight for the dirt. They rode like a dirt-specific ride. Just like any higher end off road OEM replacement system. I've been on them for a week now. I'm actually so stoked on them, I don't think I'm going to need the expensive stuff I thought I was getting. At $100 a set, that gives me all kinds of money for other stuff. Including another set of Monroes. Give 'em a chance, you just might like 'em. By the way, I don't recommend anything Monroe has out right now for the front end. I have RaceRunner Performance Coilovers on the way as we speak (write).

Last edited by STXtreme; 03-14-2012 at 04:05 AM.

Quick Reply: Yes to Monroe!?!