2wd lift help

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 01:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2wd lift help

I have started looking for a 6in lift for my 06 2wd s'crew. Skyjacker and Fabtech are the only brands i have found for 2wd (in my price range at least)
I think i have decided on the fabtech due to the bad reviews on the skyjacker shocks and i like the fact of new coil overs up front. the only downside i think to the fabtech, is the rear blocks vs skyjackers leaf pack. However, i already have a 2" aal, so could i leave that and just use a smaller block then what the kit comes with? and what size would i need?

Side note, I was going to get a rear sway bar, could i still use a rear sway bar with the fabtech kit?

Sorry for the wordy post, just trying to explain fully.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:05 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by thomabro
I have started looking for a 6in lift for my 06 2wd s'crew. Skyjacker and Fabtech are the only brands i have found for 2wd (in my price range at least)
I think i have decided on the fabtech due to the bad reviews on the skyjacker shocks and i like the fact of new coil overs up front. the only downside i think to the fabtech, is the rear blocks vs skyjackers leaf pack. However, i already have a 2" aal, so could i leave that and just use a smaller block then what the kit comes with? and what size would i need?

Side note, I was going to get a rear sway bar, could i still use a rear sway bar with the fabtech kit?

fabtech only comes with new coil overs if you buy them. About an extra grand on the price.

for the rear, just use the block. If you are sticking to 6" of lift you will need to buy your own rear block that's smaller so it sits level. your best bet is to lift it then measure how much it needs to drop so you get it perfect. or you can guess, but probably a 3" block in the rear and the 2" AAL (that you already have)

no real need for a sway bar, if you are worried about being top heavy around turns wait until you drive it a bit to make that decision. Mine didn't feel top heavy at all

Old 01-15-2012, 02:07 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You can still use a sway bar but you will need to make longer drag links. In the past I used 1/2 galvi pipe cut to length and a piece of 1/2 running thread.
After the lift set the sway bar level to the ground and take measurements to the drag link mounting points minus bushing thickness and you will know what to cut the pipe to. It worked pefect for mine. It all depends on the springs too. Depending on what type...soft or firm

Last edited by 01 gt f150; 01-15-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:32 PM
i was wanting the sway bar more to help with general handling, not because of being to top heavy, but i might to the lift now, and look into the sway bar at a later date. I defiantly want to keep my AAL because i do use my truck and don't like to sag the rear every time i load the bed. i guess the smart thing to do is be patient, install the front and then measure to see how much block i need for the rear. The kit i have been looking at has the dirt logic coil overs up front and just the basic shocks for the back. I dont feel like i do enough offroad to justify the rear dirtlogics.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:41 PM
i am running a skyjacker 6 inch kit on my 2wd and i have had no problems with the kit and am very happy with the kit so far.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:43 PM
Suspended
i was wanting the sway bar more to help with general handling, not because of being to top heavy, but i might to the lift now, and look into the sway bar at a later date. I defiantly want to keep my AAL because i do use my truck and don't like to sag the rear every time i load the bed. i guess the smart thing to do is be patient, install the front and then measure to see how much block i need for the rear. The kit i have been looking at has the dirt logic coil overs up front and just the basic shocks for the back. I dont feel like i do enough offroad to justify the rear dirtlogics.
What's the price and where is the kit from?

Old 01-15-2012, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by fordcrazy04
i am running a skyjacker 6 inch kit on my 2wd and i have had no problems with the kit and am very happy with the kit so far.
Did you do the install yourself? what size tires and wheels are you running?

and i havent decided on where to buy it yet, gonna keep shopping around a bit, any suggestions on places? but on average ive been seeing the fabtech for 2100 to 2500

Old 01-15-2012, 07:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Fabtech lifts used to come with replacement front coilovers, with their Dirt Logic coilovers as an option. Now the base Fabtech lift uses a spacer to install with your OEM coilovers like the Pro Comp lift.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:15 PM
[QUOTE=thomabro;4757831]Did you do the install yourself? what size tires and wheels are you running?

did the install with a buddy over a weekend. wheel and tire combo running 35x12.50 toyo mt with 20 inch rockstars. kit ran roughly $1400.

Quick Reply: 2wd lift help