Rancho Quicklift - something to watch for...

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 10:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rancho Quicklift - something to watch for...

I don't know how many of you that have put the Rancho Quicklift on your truck but there is something to watch for before you start tearing your truck apart to install them.

I spent a couple of hours trying to get the second one on my truck but couldn't get the lower mount to line up if the upper bolts were in and if I tried starting with the lower I couldn't get the upper bolts to line up with the mounting holes.

I finally called Rancho and we figured out that during assembly the top cap managed to get turned about 1/2" out of whack. The upper rear mounting bolt (as you look at it from the side so it's really in most inward bolt) is supposed to be directly in line with the adjustment ****. According to the tech I spoke to I had two options.

1) Return the assembly to the vendor, Rockauto.com in this case, and have them send me a new unit. Not a viable option for me as this is my daily driver and I have to be at work in two days.
2) Compress the spring and attempt to adjust it. I tried compressing it with a rented compressor (the one where you put compression arms on each side and hope the things don't break) but after compressing it as much as I was comfortable with and not making any headway I decided to try and find a shop with a good compressor that can do it for me.

In any case, to reiterate, don't start tearing your truck apart to install your Ranchos unless you've visually checked them to make sure the upper bolt is aligned with the adjustment ****.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:20 AM
I had no problems with mine. Did he mention if it was an isolated incident? Hopefully. But, yeah, definitely something to watch out for. I think you'll love em once you get em installed.

Last edited by freekinfreak; 11-01-2011 at 01:22 AM.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:52 AM
He didn't say if it was isolated or not but I would guess that most of them come out just fine.

The one I put in first wasn't completely lined up but I got it in without too much trouble. I've had them in for a week or so now and love the ride (adjustment ***** on 1). Smoother than the stock shocks.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:38 AM
Same thing happened to mine. Fortunately I bought mine local and we were able to use their compressor and adjust them so they could work. This was on the drivers side. Funny thing was the store had another in stock and it was bad too.

Rob

Quick Reply: Rancho Quicklift - something to watch for...