2" leveling kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2" leveling kit

i have a 04 screw wanting to get a 2" leveling kit . i was wondering what your guys' oppinions are on what brand and will it look goofy with the stock 275/65/18's? just lookin to get some oppinions and see if any has any input. (i know it may be a redundent post but i would like updated info) thanks

Old 05-07-2011, 07:03 PM
If u have a 4wd I would recommend 2.5 if u want to be pretty close to level. The 04-05 have a little more rake than later years.2 inch would still have a little rake. I have 2 inch on my 06 and like it a lot as it brought it level measured from top of tires to wheelwells. I would recommend autospring whichever size u choose. I have it and so do many other members on here. No issues yet.

Old 05-08-2011, 01:42 AM
a buddy of mine had that kit, i thought it looked pretty good but his was a 2WD, don't know anything about the 4X4

Old 05-08-2011, 08:34 AM
yea autospring seems to be the favorite from what ive read just lookin around on the internet. im not sure if i want it to be like perfectly level or still a little rake because im worried if i put a load in the bed or somehting it will look like im doing a wheely.

Old 05-08-2011, 05:27 PM
i have the 2 inch and it does have a slight rake, you dont really notice it unless you really look at it. but it levels out when you have a load. mine is an 04 aswell. and it did not look goofy at all when i had my stock tires on.

Old 05-08-2011, 05:28 PM
driveway is slanted slightly

Old 05-08-2011, 07:46 PM
yea im reallly leanin towards the 2". and mjg-fx4 those tires are tucked pretty tight in those wells. what size are they?

Old 05-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by zitjos99
yea im reallly leanin towards the 2". and mjg-fx4 those tires are tucked pretty tight in those wells. what size are they?
35/12.5/18. nitto trail grapplers

Old 05-16-2011, 10:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just installed the autospring leveling kit last week on my 05. Did a lot of reading on this forum before I made my decision. One thing to take into consideration is at full suspension flex up front my upper control arms do hit my strut/springs, which isnt a big deal to me bc I wouldnt do any serious offroading, just occasional ride through the mountains. My truck sits level, 2.5 would make it level, if not real close. I do haul stuff and ya the truck is going to sit nose high, got a set of blocks but might ditch that idea and buy helper springs instead. My truck is still running stock tires and rims in my picture gallery. Dont know how to post pics on this forum yet. Truck does look good but would look better with bigger tires (my personal opinion)

MJG-FX4 does your 12.5 wide tires rub at full lock on the upper ball joint / control arm? I ask bc your still running factory wheels and I was thinking of buying 33x12.50 tires using stock wheels. Sorry zitjos99 not trying to jack your thread.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by 05FordGuyFX4
I just installed the autospring leveling kit last week on my 05. Did a lot of reading on this forum before I made my decision. One thing to take into consideration is at full suspension flex up front my upper control arms do hit my strut/springs, which isnt a big deal to me bc I wouldnt do any serious offroading, just occasional ride through the mountains. My truck sits level, 2.5 would make it level, if not real close. I do haul stuff and ya the truck is going to sit nose high, got a set of blocks but might ditch that idea and buy helper springs instead. My truck is still running stock tires and rims in my picture gallery. Dont know how to post pics on this forum yet. Truck does look good but would look better with bigger tires (my personal opinion)

MJG-FX4 does your 12.5 wide tires rub at full lock on the upper ball joint / control arm? I ask bc your still running factory wheels and I was thinking of buying 33x12.50 tires using stock wheels. Sorry zitjos99 not trying to jack your thread.
yeah my tires do rub at full lock, i dont mid tho, just had to adjust my driving a little bit.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:22 PM
I have an 08 ext cab 4x4 and I too did alot of research on a leveling kit. I ended up getting the rough country 2 1/2 in. kit. I was skeptical on going with the poly spacer but the install went well. Teh quality seems good too. A friend and I did the install and it went smooth. The 2 1/2 in. spacer made my truck sit exactly level. I put in a 1 in. rear block for a little rake. I was also skeptical of this but it turned out ok and I like it. I went with 305/55/20 with liquid metal wheels. I think the back spacing was 25mm. I have no rubbing even at full lock. I haven't tried much wheel turning and adding some flex in the truck, but for everyday driving I have no rubbing. In my opinion I would shoot for the 2 1/2 in. kit. Just my 2 cents. This site helped me alot so I'm sure you will find the answer your looking for.

Old 05-26-2011, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by 05FordGuyFX4

Keep an eye on those front-end components. You don't have to be off road to find the end of your wheel travel. You'd be surprised how much droop and compression you get just turning into a driveway.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ibrocun
Keep an eye on those front-end components. You don't have to be off road to find the end of your wheel travel. You'd be surprised how much droop and compression you get just turning into a driveway.
I hear ya bud, I'm usually pretty good with checking things out. I had a lifted ranger that liked to eat wheel bearings... lol

Old 05-31-2011, 08:25 PM
I have a 2" Readylift on w/ 285/75 R18 and 4wd. So far, I love the look and it rides fine.....even offroad

Old 05-31-2011, 11:28 PM
Just put a Rough Country 2.5" in last week and perfect level with stock 18's...and an alignment of course.

Quick Reply: 2" leveling kit