Pics with 11.5 of lift cleaned up, and video of spacer setup.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 06:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pics with 11.5 of lift cleaned up, and video of spacer setup.

pictures of my truck cleaned up and a video of how my spacers are done. alot of people asking me about the set up, so heres a video to show you better. alot of people are running this setup and helped me out on this site, so maybe i can help out some others.

Old 02-26-2011, 06:27 PM
Old 02-26-2011, 06:28 PM
Old 02-26-2011, 06:33 PM
Looks awesome!!!

Old 02-26-2011, 06:54 PM

Dayum!

Old 02-26-2011, 06:55 PM
IF i did this (which i wouldn't), but if i did i would have put the leveling spacer on top of the 6" spacer that way it's somewhat hidden under the strut tower. Hope it's a street queen.

Old 02-26-2011, 07:02 PM
first off... you dont have to be smart about it. haha. i had to stack my spacers to fit my tires for the time being. i wasnt even going to add any more lift to the 9 inch lift that i had. but when my tires came in the offset was too much and wouldnt turn. so i had to stack spacers till i could afford coilovers. oh and you have to stack the spacers that way. theres an angle on the procomp spacer, on the 2.5 inch spacer theres not. thats the only way you can do it. and no its usually not a street queen, but it will have to be till i order my new coilovers though.

Old 02-26-2011, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by nicklas02
first off... you dont have to be smart about it. haha. i had to stack my spacers to fit my tires for the time being. i wasnt even going to add any more lift to the 9 inch lift that i had. but when my tires came in the offset was too much and wouldnt turn. so i had to stack spacers till i could afford coilovers. oh and you have to stack the spacers that way. theres an angle on the procomp spacer, on the 2.5 inch spacer theres not. thats the only way you can do it. and no its usually not a street queen, but it will have to be till i order my new coilovers though.
Wasn't being smart. And it looked like an AS spacer which come with an offset.

Old 02-26-2011, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by fx4tough07
Wasn't being smart. And it looked like an AS spacer which come with an offset.
nah, this one doesnt. 2.5 all the way around. no angle offset. but yes if it did i woulda done what you were talking about. i planned on doing that until the spacer came in and i saw it had no offset.

Old 02-26-2011, 07:58 PM
That, my friend, is a BEAUTIFUL rig. If I had the money I would do the same thing! (Except, it wouldn't be a black truck. Haaa) J/K

Old 02-26-2011, 08:42 PM
But the coilover shocks will not help you with the ball joints. What are you going to do there?

Old 02-26-2011, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by Helrazr
But the coilover shocks will not help you with the ball joints. What are you going to do there?
i was told that the way that they were made it would take some stress off of them. im not sure. im definately no expert. ive never lifted one this high before, i always do research and do my own work, but on this im just going by what the offroad place told me. but either way if it does or if it doesnt the coilovers need to be replaced for when i go offroad. if i took it now id be afraid that the spacer would not hold up and the ride wouldnt be half as good.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:55 PM
what a clean lookin truck man!!

Old 02-26-2011, 11:23 PM
i was told that the way that they were made it would take some stress off of them. im not sure. im definately no expert. ive never lifted one this high before, i always do research and do my own work, but on this im just going by what the offroad place told me. but either way if it does or if it doesnt the coilovers need to be replaced for when i go offroad. if i took it now id be afraid that the spacer would not hold up and the ride wouldnt be half as good
Very sweet looking truck man!
and you where told wrong coilovers will not reduce the angle of your control arm unless you dont run them as high! the only thing you can do to help with this is buy some upper control arms with a uniball like Total Chaos or Fab Tech! the bigger problem you might have is your CV axles, they have got to be on a severe angle and will wear out premature!

Not trying to diss your ride! just pointing out some facts and trying to help out!

Your a brave man to go that big! Looks Great!

Old 02-26-2011, 11:44 PM
when they get higher then that how do ppl get in? i cant fathem gettin in somthing any higher. saw a chev that had the floor at my roof the other day and was like....wtf how do u get in??

Quick Reply: Pics with 11.5 of lift cleaned up, and video of spacer setup.