6" help!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 11:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6" help!!

I've got an 09 f150 screw 4wd and im looking at 6" lifts for it. I don't know what brand I should get though. I've been looking at protech but I've been told to use rough country.
I was hoping someone could help me on a decision or any suggestions on what brand to get. I'm going to have this as a daily driver since I only work 7 miles from my house. So I was thinking about changing the gears to something that would be good for wheeling and daily driving. i would like to hear some suggestions on that as well if I can. An maybe someone can point me in the right direction for tires?

If anyone has this same setup I'd like to
See some pics if possible.

Thank you

Old 02-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd look at the BDS lifts. As for tires, are you wanting an AT or MT. Most people with 6 inch lifts go with 35 inch tires. Depending on how you use your truck, 4.56 gears would probably be a good choice.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wandell
I'd look at the BDS lifts. As for tires, are you wanting an AT or MT. Most people with 6 inch lifts go with 35 inch tires. Depending on how you use your truck, 4.56 gears would probably be a good choice.
I'm definitely going w AT because itll still be a daily drive and I'll do light wheelin on weekends. I've heard of BDS but I haven't looked into them yet. Why do you recommend them over pro comp? I don't know anything about either company and I'm just looking for the best kit for my truck in the long run because I plan on keeping this truck for a long time.
Thanks for the info

Old 02-04-2011, 09:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
THe Pro Comp is a good lift also. BDS has a better warranty however.