is it possible?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 06:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is it possible?

K so my truck is a 04 f150... currently lift wise i have a 3" BL and some kinda leveling kit (don't know what kind cause that is the only thing that was done when i bought the truck two years ago) i am going to be getting new tire here hopefully in the next week, and my problem is when i first put my toyo MT on they rubbed a little, and i bought them at half tread... so know that i am going to be gettin brand spanking new ones i am worried about more rubbing and don't want to deal with it when i spent 1500 on new tires...
So my question to you guys is what (if anything) can i do to get like 2 more inches of lift? i know that i can add a add-a-leaf in the back... but what about the front? i am pretty sure that the leveling kit is like a 2".... i have tried to see if there are 2" suspension lifts and the kit i saw was a add-a-leaf with a level kit for the front? so is there anything else possible? any help would be much appreciated, looking to spend the tax return money on the shoes and maybe some little lift if possilbe, or is the only option getting a 4" suspension lift so i would have 7" total? thanks again for the assistance much appreciated

Old 01-24-2011, 01:06 PM
Unfortunately at this point in time, your only option is to go with a full suspension lift, or go with a little smaller tires. You could get a larger spacer, but anything more than 2.5" is hell on your front end.

Where are they rubbing, can trimming fix the problem? If they are rubbing the UCA then the new tires will not rub any worse than the used ones.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:53 AM
No it is only rubbing in turns and bumbs, not on anything major on the inside, but i don't really want to do any trimming... i was just curious if there was something to possible do for another inch or 2... cause idk if i want to go any higher i like the stance of my truck now, and idk if wi would want 33 i like the look of 35's one my truck... but maybe i am just over worrying it and should just buy them and then go from there... lol but thanks for the help, i think on wed i am going to go to les schwab and have them tell me what type of leveling kit is on there and then just go from there

Old 01-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by FordMan7
No it is only rubbing in turns and bumbs, not on anything major on the inside, but i don't really want to do any trimming... i was just curious if there was something to possible do for another inch or 2... cause idk if i want to go any higher i like the stance of my truck now, and idk if wi would want 33 i like the look of 35's one my truck... but maybe i am just over worrying it and should just buy them and then go from there... lol but thanks for the help, i think on wed i am going to go to les schwab and have them tell me what type of leveling kit is on there and then just go from there
Whats the specs of your wheels, you might could run a set of tires similar to mine and stay very close to the 35 range and get rid of the rubbing.

Old 01-26-2011, 01:57 AM
to late lol, i just got new shoes on today... just got same kind 35x12.50r18

Old 01-26-2011, 10:52 AM
LOL, thats cool rubbing any worse or the same?

Old 01-29-2011, 10:51 PM
its about the same right now... just at full turn like in parking lots, and then when i am semi turned and hit a bump or something like that... not to bad...