Leveling Kit with stock rims/tires

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 10:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leveling Kit with stock rims/tires

Hello to all sorry to make another thread about leveling kits but I just recently purchased a 3" front and 1.5" block for my 04 2wd XLT screw I have searched and searched but only came up with a few pics and they were all 2" kits.I wasnt sure if it would look the same as a leveled 4x4 or a little higher I had a picture of what i wanted it to look like in my head but now im leaning towards having to buy tires as soon as I install the kit this week(BTW I have the 17" wheels on 255/65/17).Any pics or comments will be appreciated thanks in advance guys.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by Texas04F150
Hello to all sorry to make another thread about leveling kits but I just recently purchased a 3" front and 1.5" block for my 04 2wd XLT screw I have searched and searched but only came up with a few pics and they were all 2" kits.I wasnt sure if it would look the same as a leveled 4x4 or a little higher I had a picture of what i wanted it to look like in my head but now im leaning towards having to buy tires as soon as I install the kit this week(BTW I have the 17" wheels on 255/65/17).Any pics or comments will be appreciated thanks in advance guys.
That will make it sit about the same as a stock 4x4. A leveled 4x4 is going to sit higher than that.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:29 AM
Oh ok thanks for the input MDHwakins

Old 12-28-2010, 02:33 PM
Hey man get up some pics of it when you get done, I have a 2wd 07 and about to install 2.5 front leveling kit and going to see if I might need a 1 inch rear block or not. Sounds good tho get it done and some pics!

Old 12-28-2010, 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by tman07f150
Hey man get up some pics of it when you get done, I have a 2wd 07 and about to install 2.5 front leveling kit and going to see if I might need a 1 inch rear block or not. Sounds good tho get it done and some pics!
This afternoon we did the 3" and 1.5 rear block kit on my 04 2wd F150 screw with the help of my buddy(he has previous experience on doing the kits on the new chevy's so that was very helpfull) started at 6:00 and ended up wraping it up at 9:15.The rear gave us a little trouble getting the block holes to line up they dont really have much play so it has to be just right for it to fit in we ended up unbolting the rear shocks to release the tention and lifting the rear up with a forklift and palyed with the rear end until it fit perfect.Then on the front spacer it went well having power tools made the job alot faster and easier along with having an extra set of hands.The truck dosnt look bad at all with the 255/65/17 like I had predicted but larger tires will deff set the truck off and make it look like it has that extra lift.The only issue I see is eating up them ball joints lol and also running a wider tire. It dosnt look like I have much room to play with on running a wider tire but as far as height its got plenty.Ill post up pics to marrow of the truck. I know post is worthless without pics ha

Old 12-29-2010, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by Texas04F150
This afternoon we did the 3" and 1.5 rear block kit on my 04 2wd F150 screw with the help of my buddy(he has previous experience on doing the kits on the new chevy's so that was very helpfull) started at 6:00 and ended up wraping it up at 9:15.The rear gave us a little trouble getting the block holes to line up they dont really have much play so it has to be just right for it to fit in we ended up unbolting the rear shocks to release the tention and lifting the rear up with a forklift and palyed with the rear end until it fit perfect.Then on the front spacer it went well having power tools made the job alot faster and easier along with having an extra set of hands.The truck dosnt look bad at all with the 255/65/17 like I had predicted but larger tires will deff set the truck off and make it look like it has that extra lift.The only issue I see is eating up them ball joints lol and also running a wider tire. It dosnt look like I have much room to play with on running a wider tire but as far as height its got plenty.Ill post up pics to marrow of the truck. I know post is worthless without pics ha
3" of spacer in the front is tough on the ball joints, dont forget to get an alignment.

Old 12-30-2010, 02:02 AM
Sounds nice, yeah please get up some pics of that combo. I like a little rake when its not huge lifted, If a truck is lifted 6 inches or more I want a perfect level, but if its not that tall I like a tad rake, maybe a 1'' difference at the most. Get up some pics! Any advice on the front, I am doing the front tomorrow and I had no clue the bottom strut bolt was bigger than a 22mm, how did you handle it?

Old 12-30-2010, 05:47 PM
Here are the pic of the truck after 3" front spacer and 1.5 rear block on stock 255/65/17 2wd screw

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Texas04F150; 12-30-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:48 AM
Wow looks great man, looks real good. looks like a 4x4 sits nice. I like the stance. Shoot get some OEM 20s on that thing it will look really nice and also give it some more height! I might have to get a 1 inch block with my 2.5 front lift now to kinda give the rear a lil more height.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by tman07f150
Wow looks great man, looks real good. looks like a 4x4 sits nice. I like the stance. Shoot get some OEM 20s on that thing it will look really nice and also give it some more height! I might have to get a 1 inch block with my 2.5 front lift now to kinda give the rear a lil more height.
Thanks man I was really with suprised how it looked with the stock's also I plan to just keep the stock rims and run some 33's with either my 17's or the stock 20's yea you should get the rear block so you could have slight rake also.

Quick Reply: Leveling Kit with stock rims/tires