know much bout leveling a 2wd?????????

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 10:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
know much bout leveling a 2wd?????????

im thinking about puting leveling shackles on my truck to lower the rear. the only shackles i can find only drop the back 2 inches. shouldnt it be dropped 2.5 to be level? has anyone done this and is it difficult? they got some at autozone(just shackles in box), will i need anything extra?

Old 12-12-2010, 12:41 AM
It depends on how level you want it, and if you want any rake. To be sure, go measure the height of the front and rear fenders and compare the height differences to determine the level of drop you want.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:00 AM
I had those exact shackles ob my old 03.. it sit real level with 20s

Old 12-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Do to lack of information i have no idea what your truck is. im going to guess its a 04-08.

I have lowered my truck to level it, and i have lifted my truck to level. I did 2" lowering shackles using DJM's shackles. the truck still sat with a little bit of rake, as seen in the pictures below. Now i have a 2.5" leveling kit, the front sits a .5" lower in the front then the rear, as seen in the pictures below. for lowering shackles all you need is a jack, jackstand, and basic hand tools, A forklift is nice too if you have one. For leveling kit you will need bigger tires, and more tools. Its fairly easy.

This is my truck at stock height

The DJM shackles compared to stock.

The DJM shackle installed.

The DJM shackles installed

The hellbent 2.5" leveling kit installed, its actually dropped down about a half inch-inch since this picture.

With bigger tires and wheels

Hope this helped some man.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:25 PM
its an 08 single cab 4.2 xl. truck looks good man. ill put up some pics of my truck on here this weekend when i do mine.

Quick Reply: know much bout leveling a 2wd?????????