Yet another suspension question:/

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 08:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yet another suspension question:/

Got a 2.5" leverl kit now on my truck, going with the Rize 8" kit and was wondering if I can keep the 2.5 on when I put this kit on to give me 10.5" and just add leafs to the rear to level it out

Old 11-13-2010, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by JamesPyles
Got a 2.5" leverl kit now on my truck, going with the Rize 8" kit and was wondering if I can keep the 2.5 on when I put this kit on to give me 10.5" and just add leafs to the rear to level it out
The Rize 8' uses a strut extension so if your 2.5" leveling kit is the type that bolts on top of the strut assembly (essentially a strut extension), then I would not recommned using your 2.5" spacer as you would have to stack them. If the 2.5" levelling kit you have is the type that goes inside the strut assembly, then it could theoretically work. I would wait to hear from others before trying it.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:22 AM
Damn, didnt think about that:/ Yeah it bolts on top of the strut! Ok new question for anyone that may know, is it bad to stack them? Wonder if I stacked it together, bolted them and then hit it with a welder to insure its not coming apart? Any input on that idea?

Last edited by JamesPyles; 11-13-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Is it going to be a street queen or are you offroading it? Although its not advised, plenty of people have done it on trucks that are not taken off road. Depends on how comfortable you feel with it I suppose. I'd do it to my own truck but I wouldn't do it for someone else if that makes sense.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Damn, didnt think about that:/ Yeah it bolts on top of the strut! Ok new question for anyone that may know, is it bad to stack them? Wonder if I stacked it together, bolted them and then hit it with a welder to insure its not coming apart? Any input on that idea?
sounds like it would work to me once u weld it together(i would weld the crap out of it) it's almost like a one price spacer. But it would not be good if it did let go

Old 11-13-2010, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by slodsm
Is it going to be a street queen or are you offroading it? Although its not advised, plenty of people have done it on trucks that are not taken off road. Depends on how comfortable you feel with it I suppose. I'd do it to my own truck but I wouldn't do it for someone else if that makes sense.
Nothing serious off road, mainly muddin Not really into harcore trails with it, not tryin to beat the **** out of it lol Id be comfortable with it myself, bolted together and welded together I dont see it being a big deal as long as Im not beating it:/ Yeah I know what your sayin about doing it for yourself but not anyone else, thats about how I feel about it too...I wanna go high as I can with it and no1 seems to offer anything but an 8" lift:/

Old 11-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by dirtrider596979
sounds like it would work to me once u weld it together(i would weld the crap out of it) it's almost like a one price spacer. But it would not be good if it did let go
Yeah I was thinikin drillin a few holes in the plates and welding them together to so there is weld in the middle of them and not just around it, if that makes sence...Yeah I would not like to see the outcome of them lettein go:/ Ive been welding for years so Im sure I can make it work if I decide to do so...Appreciate your guys input on it

Old 11-13-2010, 11:37 AM
I was reading more on the kit and it says "Strut extension kit - extends the lower strut mounts and allows the use of your factory struts" so being that thats for the lower part of the strut theres no adapter that bolts to the top and I could just keep the 2.5 I have on there and not have to worry about welding anything? Unless my imagination is elsewhere on this It sucks being over seas and not being able to go out and look into it first hand:/ Lol

Old 11-13-2010, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Rotested
The Rize 8' uses a strut extension so if your 2.5" leveling kit is the type that bolts on top of the strut assembly (essentially a strut extension), then I would not recommned using your 2.5" spacer as you would have to stack them. If the 2.5" levelling kit you have is the type that goes inside the strut assembly, then it could theoretically work. I would wait to hear from others before trying it.
YES YOU CAN. Wanna know why because i am currently doing the same thing. Like you said its just a strut extension that connects to the bottom of the coilover. Do i like the idea ? No i dont which is why im going to get them replaced with some Kings coilovers. But im not driving the truck right now so its all good. Military? If so use your auto craft center like i did as you can see in the pictures. Very cheap and have everything you need to install the lift yourself. i know what you mean by not being able to see your truck man.

12inch Rize w/ 2inch leveling kit 3inch body lift

Old 11-13-2010, 02:58 PM
Damn man that is bad ***! Thanks that just helped me feel a little better about the whole thing...Think Im with you though, truck will be paid off couple months after I get back state side and I was thinking a coilover set up! But until then Im ok with the spacers on there...17" total huh? What size tires you runnin on that? I will only be 13.5" and I wanted to do 40s if I could, gonna do Danas too once I get back also so the bigger the better Yes sir, in the Army, and I know right where my auto craft center is on base! Thats if I dont do it back home in KY on my 30 days leave..lol Got a pic of your truck from a distance so I can see the whole deal? Ive been looking for a truck like mine done like this so I can get an idea and be able to talk with someone that has done it

Just noticed your in Hood also! Were gonna have to meet up or something once I get back there...You did everything including the body lift yourself at the auto center?

Last edited by JamesPyles; 11-13-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 03:50 PM
Damn man that is bad ***! Thanks that just helped me feel a little better about the whole thing...Think Im with you though, truck will be paid off couple months after I get back state side and I was thinking a coilover set up! But until then Im ok with the spacers on there...17" total huh? What size tires you runnin on that? I will only be 13.5" and I wanted to do 40s if I could, gonna do Danas too once I get back also so the bigger the better Yes sir, in the Army, and I know right where my auto craft center is on base! Thats if I dont do it back home in KY on my 30 days leave..lol Got a pic of your truck from a distance so I can see the whole deal? Ive been looking for a truck like mine done like this so I can get an idea and be able to talk with someone that has done it

Just noticed your in Hood also! Were gonna have to meet up or something once I get back there...You did everything including the body lift yourself at the auto center?
Im currently running 37s because im stationed in Germany right now. The truck is sitting in storage in Houston. When im closer to my return stateside ill be buying some 40s, king coilovers and more goodies. Autocraft center is where i did my body lift and this suspension lift install at. Great people there and will help you with about everything. I wish i was at Hood still. I loved that place. Plus i would have my truck right now . Any question just shoot me a PM and ill help you out.

Old 11-13-2010, 04:10 PM
Hell yeah, thing would look nasty on some 40s! Looks like Im gonna go about the same route you went on this truck! I appreciate the info and pics man..Im sure I will have some more questions so be looking out for a PM or two..lol Definitely gonna have to check out that auto service center too once I get back there!

Old 11-13-2010, 04:20 PM
Hell yeah, thing would look nasty on some 40s! Looks like Im gonna go about the same route you went on this truck! I appreciate the info and pics man..Im sure I will have some more questions so be looking out for a PM or two..lol Definitely gonna have to check out that auto service center too once I get back there!

Yeah man its nice. For a bay with a lift like i had is $5/hr and a bay without a lift is $3/hr. ALL tools are free as long as someone else didnt sign em out. Even if they did i would always find them and ask to borrow it really quick and worked out. They even weld out there too for a small fee. Its deffinetly a good thing for us military people to have. But yeah just hit me up and im sure ill be able to answer your question.

Quick Reply: Yet another suspension question:/