lifts for dummies

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 12:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lifts for dummies

ok now i have you attention....im the dummie....

i have a 2010 SCREW cab, and want to add a lift. the prob is i know nothing about them, except i love the look.

i prob wont do much much off-roading, and will be mostly comestic....

im thinking around a 4" of so. no idea on the good brand, what a decent price is, how much wear will be added, or anything, is suspension better then body, whats the difference....

any info for this dummie would be a great help

thanks in advance
C

Old 09-13-2010, 01:10 AM
Do a search and you will come up with several threads on here that will give you information on what you are asking.

But sense everyone will keep answering to these why the heck not right? First off go with a 6inch lift rather than a 4 inch. There are a lot of people out there including myself that say they dont want to go any higher than the first lift they put on and next thing you know there is another thread asking what to do next. Im guessing your wanting to run 35s sense thats the biggest tire you can run anyways on 4inch lift. So just get the 6inch lift and it gives you some more clearance in the wheel wells therefor adding a leveling kit onto that will allow you to fit 37s if you decide to do that later on. Wear on the suspension is very little unless you add a leveling kit on top of it/crank coils or decide you want to go off roading a lot. But the parts are fairly cheap if you can do the work yourself. Procomp Stage 1 or Fabtech will prob be your best bet

Old 09-13-2010, 12:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd suggest a 6 inch Fabtech, BDS or Pro Comp lift with some 35 inch tires on 18 or 20 inch wheels. I'd suggest a 9 inch wide wheel with 5 inches of backspacing.

Old 09-23-2010, 01:12 AM
thanks for the info guys. i was looking into a pro comp but after some research i found out that the "A" arms needed some cutting. so i decided to not get it.

so i guess it is plan B...

im thinking of the 35's for tires

thanks again

Old 09-23-2010, 10:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bds is a great kit from what i hear and theres a couple members with that kit on 09-10

Quick Reply: lifts for dummies