Body lift issues?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 05:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Body lift issues?

Hey guys, as some of you know, I got in an accident last week with my truck. Got the word today that it's repairable.. Pretty much they are gonna cut off the frame horns, weld new ones on and take off the body and put a new one on/repair repairable parts of the body... Anyways, this makes me kinda weary of them taking off the body and putting a new body on the old body lift which was involved in the accident. The body was twisted all the way down the vehicle... Im wondering if I shouldn't just tell them to take off the BL spacers and put OEM spacers on there and just have a suspension lift put on there, or just leave it w/o the body lift and no additional lift. Any ideas? I have a 3" level kit and 2" add-a-leaf with the 3" body lift right now, running 315/70/17s on Pro Comp 1079 17" rims.

Thanks in advance!

Old 08-31-2010, 10:55 AM
bump... I figure there's gotta be something wrong with putting a body lift that's been in an accident back on a truck.... That just doesn't sound like a good idea

Old 08-31-2010, 06:21 PM
I don't now a whole lot about body kits, but if you were in an accident with them, check all the parts and hardware to see if they have any cracks or chips or anything that would compromise the structural strength. If everything checks out, I don't see a problem in reusing the spacers. Of course I could be wrong, but seeing that no one is helping, I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:42 PM
If the damage is that bad I wouldn't worry about the lift. I'd trade it as soon as I got it back.

My tundra was hit in front of my house. It was hit so hard it pushed the truck up and the curb (over 2 ft and back 3.5-4 ft) Major suspension damage all on the front end after that I kept blowing through CV axels and the body shop, toyo delaership, and local repair shop (that did all the CV replacements) couldn't tell me what ws wrong and why the boots kept slitting. I spent over a year and a half and about $2500 in repair bills after the damage repairs were done replacing cv's. If I ever have a vehicle that bad and it's not totaled, I'll trade it. I learned my lesson.

Good luck either way.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by GA4x4Screw
I don't now a whole lot about body kits, but if you were in an accident with them, check all the parts and hardware to see if they have any cracks or chips or anything that would compromise the structural strength. If everything checks out, I don't see a problem in reusing the spacers. Of course I could be wrong, but seeing that no one is helping, I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

I appreciate it man. That was kinda what I was thinking too.... The guy at the shop told me he'd call me if there was any issue that he came across.

Originally Posted by FX4Nick
If the damage is that bad I wouldn't worry about the lift. I'd trade it as soon as I got it back.

My tundra was hit in front of my house. It was hit so hard it pushed the truck up and the curb (over 2 ft and back 3.5-4 ft) Major suspension damage all on the front end after that I kept blowing through CV axels and the body shop, toyo delaership, and local repair shop (that did all the CV replacements) couldn't tell me what ws wrong and why the boots kept slitting. I spent over a year and a half and about $2500 in repair bills after the damage repairs were done replacing cv's. If I ever have a vehicle that bad and it's not totaled, I'll trade it. I learned my lesson.

Good luck either way.
Thanks man. That's basically what physically happened to my truck. I was going less than 10 mph and the car hit me hard enough to knock me over a foot or so and back a little on the passenger side. There's aparently some suspension damage, but they said they'd take everything apart and check it all and replace/repair anything that needed fixing. Im afraid of small little issues after I get it back I guess we'll see... Aparently I added value to the truck with all the offroad mods I did, so maybe I can get more for it than I would w/o it all... That'd be nice

Thanks for the help guys. If anyone else has some spare change to throw in, by all means, please do

Quick Reply: Body lift issues?