So I called Top Gunz today..

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down So I called Top Gunz today..

...and they told me that the bilstein 5100 levelling shocks are going to be on backorder until SEPTEMBER!!!!! I'm aggravated considering I ordered them on June 16th. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to cancel my top gunz order and reorder the 5100s from shock warehouse or somewhere else?....

Old 07-20-2010, 01:28 PM
Dammitsomuch! I just called them and they told me the 4x2 shocks are on backorder at least another month, so September is probably right. What the hell Bilstien? Three months is a little excessive.

I've had money set aside for wheels and tires for two months now and I can't do a damn thing until I get the shocks. If I'd known it was going to take this long, I would've got a damn spacer and been done with it.

They better be worth the f'ing wait.

/rant off

Old 07-20-2010, 03:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KingRanchFreak
...and they told me that the bilstein 5100 levelling shocks are going to be on backorder until SEPTEMBER!!!!! I'm aggravated considering I ordered them on June 16th. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to cancel my top gunz order and reorder the 5100s from shock warehouse or somewhere else?....
We'll i dont know if i'd cancel just yet being that your on some sort of list. What i would do is call SW and ask if they have them in stock first,they may be out also by now. I originally wanted to go with topgunz too. They had the best price, problem was they didnt have them in stock and couldnt give me a date on when they'd come in, just a guestimate. I also read about members all getting different dates and delays.. But what they DID say was i can order them and if it takes too long and or i decide i wanted to cancel my order they would give me a 100% refund so that is an option for you.. Then i called SW, they had just gotten a pallet of them in stock.. I mentioned I had seen them cheaper elsewhere and if they would price match Topgunsz.. Also there websight says they price match too. We'll they did, 4 days later shocks at my door.. Give SH a call, you never know and you got nothing to loose. See what they can do for you..

Old 07-20-2010, 03:54 PM
Just got off the phone with Kevin from allshocks.com and he said that Bilstein isn't giving anyone a good date on shipping the 4x2 5100's. He said a couple of ship date deadlines have come and gone without any stock coming in, so at this point he has no idea when Bilstein might get around to sending some out.

I asked him for a rough guess and he said "Between 2 weeks and 9 months. That's the best I can do."

I called Shock Warehouse and they put me on hold when they found out I didn't have the part number off the top of my head. Sat on hold for ten minutes before I gave up. I haven't called them back yet.

What a farce.

Old 07-20-2010, 05:17 PM
What's the part number you're after because if it's BE2-C298-H0 I can get a hold of 2 of them which are listed as the front 5100's for the 04-08 4x4.

Edit: I checked with another supplier and apparently they have 8 available so unless I have the wrong part number listed these are pretty easy to get a hold of.

Last edited by KansasJoe; 07-20-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:23 PM
I'm getting ready to call up shock warehouse and just see if they got any in stock, or if they can get them sooner than Top Gunz. Bilstein has got quite a demanding product on their hands... and a predicament

Quick Reply: So I called Top Gunz today..