Info on my truck and lift

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 08:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Info on my truck and lift

i have an 04 f150 with a pro comp stage one 6 inch lift, with 35/12.50s right now. im just not liking the stance. i ordered a 3 inch PA body lift yesterday and going to switch up the wheel and tires. thinking about going to a 37 or 38/14.50 inch toyos or mickey thompsons mtzs and 18 inch rims. the question i have. is to get an additional 2 more inches can i install coilovers on the front and crank them 2 inches and install a 2 inch add a leaf in the rear. will the leaf spring still install fine even with the procomp blocks. if anyone has this set up can you post pics. just wondering if i could do that with the body lift and the suspension lift. if everything will work it would make a total of 11" of lift along with an extra couple of inches with bigger tire. any help would be appreciated.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:35 AM
I'm sort of in the same boat. I have a PA bl lift and will be adding an RCD 6" lift with the billstein 5100's do I leave the AS level in? And look forward to the answers to the above question as well. Also when going to 37's if you regear to 4.56 or 4.88 will the truck still run 80 down the interstate. Sorry for sort of jacking your thread but this along the same lines. Are you going to install the body lift yourself? Why would you go to an 18" wheel?

Last edited by NORTH50; 07-10-2010 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:12 AM
This is what 11inches looks like. 6inch Suspension, 3inch Body Lift, 2inch Leveling Kit

Yes you can get coilovers and have them cranked up to 2inches. You should be able to use a 2inch aal for the rear and shouldnt have any problems

Old 07-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by NORTH50
I'm sort of in the same boat. I have a PA bl lift and will be adding an RCD 6" lift with the billstein 5100's do I leave the AS level in? And look forward to the answers to the above question as well. Also when going to 37's if you regear to 4.56 or 4.88 will the truck still run 80 down the interstate. Sorry for sort of jacking your thread but this along the same lines. Are you going to install the body lift yourself? Why would you go to an 18" wheel?
Yes you can install 4.88s and run 80mph on the highway. I myself have gone 90-95 maxed out on my truck with 4.88 Yukons F/R with 37s

Old 07-10-2010, 10:30 AM
oh so you can use a leveling kit on the front. i didnt know you could do that. someone told me you couldnt use it with the procomp stage one lift. if thats the case i have my old leveling kit that i could put back on and just get the add a leaf. that would save me some dough right there. haha. so that with the PA body lift will look pretty close to yours. after i get me some bigger tires. im pumped now. your truck is awesome man. cant wait to see how mine turns out. im going to have to put some 2 inch spacers on my truck though to fit a bigger tire. my rims sit in too close to my springs. it will prolly rub if i dont.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by nicklas02
oh so you can use a leveling kit on the front. i didnt know you could do that. someone told me you couldnt use it with the procomp stage one lift. if thats the case i have my old leveling kit that i could put back on and just get the add a leaf. that would save me some dough right there. haha. so that with the PA body lift will look pretty close to yours. after i get me some bigger tires. im pumped now. your truck is awesome man. cant wait to see how mine turns out. im going to have to put some 2 inch spacers on my truck though to fit a bigger tire. my rims sit in too close to my springs. it will prolly rub if i dont.
Now with the procomp stage one i dont think you can add a leveling kit on top of that man. I know of one member who did it and had no problems but another guy tried it and did not out for him. So do a little more research on that but im sure someone else would chime in here shortly. But id tell you just to get the coilovers and have a better ride and also look 10x's better with them let alone. Then you can just crank them and be good. But that will also stiffen up the ride a little. Yah my truck isnt sitting at 11inches anymore its sitting at 17inches haha.

Old 07-10-2010, 01:29 PM
So why would anyone go with 4.56, is it just for mpg? 17" of lift makes 37's look small your truck is a beast.

Originally Posted by mhockey9090
Yes you can install 4.88s and run 80mph on the highway. I myself have gone 90-95 maxed out on my truck with 4.88 Yukons F/R with 37s

Trending Topics

Old 07-10-2010, 11:43 PM

you have a few options with the front and the rear

Front :

1) if you want to get rid of the spacer you can buy a set of coilovers and crank them up. ( most expensive, but best route )

2) you can keep the pro-comp spacer and get the adjustable bilsteins , set them to the 2" setting.

3) bilstein makes a replacement 6" strut you can get them and also a 1.5"-2" leveling kit. ( best alternative with out spending alot of money)

Rear :

Personally i would get rid of the stacked blocks.

1) get a new leaf spring set-up ( most expensive but best route)

2) get a 5/6" block and 2" AAL

once you do all that i would go with 4.88's for gears and a set of 38's.

I have the setup your looking for. 10.5" of lift and 38's.

6" BDS lift with replacement struts w/ a 1.5" leveling kit and a 5.5" block with a 1.5" AAL in the rear and a 3" Body lift with 38/13.5 toyo M/ts.

My street is on a slant , but the truck sits pretty level , a tad higher in the front if anything.

Old 07-11-2010, 08:29 AM
Originally Posted by NORTH50
So why would anyone go with 4.56, is it just for mpg? 17" of lift makes 37's look small your truck is a beast.
Idk im already getting bored with it so i may just finish it and sell it or just have it for whenever i feel like driving it and then build another truck.

Old 07-11-2010, 11:04 AM
thanks man. i will prolly just order the 6" replacement shocks and just add my old leveling kit to it. i looked up the bilstein shocks, there not too bad. about 300 for the pair.

Old 07-12-2010, 08:10 AM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by IDNC76
you have a few options with the front and the rear

Front :

1) if you want to get rid of the spacer you can buy a set of coilovers and crank them up. ( most expensive, but best route )

2) you can keep the pro-comp spacer and get the adjustable bilsteins , set them to the 2" setting.

3) bilstein makes a replacement 6" strut you can get them and also a 1.5"-2" leveling kit. ( best alternative with out spending alot of money)

Rear :

Personally i would get rid of the stacked blocks.

1) get a new leaf spring set-up ( most expensive but best route)

2) get a 5/6" block and 2" AAL

once you do all that i would go with 4.88's for gears and a set of 38's.

I have the setup your looking for. 10.5" of lift and 38's.

6" BDS lift with replacement struts w/ a 1.5" leveling kit and a 5.5" block with a 1.5" AAL in the rear and a 3" Body lift with 38/13.5 toyo M/ts.

My street is on a slant , but the truck sits pretty level , a tad higher in the front if anything.

if i go with the replacement 6" shocks. that replaces the procomp spacer correct? and then you just add whatever inch leveling kit you want.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nicklas02
if i go with the replacement 6" shocks. that replaces the procomp spacer correct? and then you just add whatever inch leveling kit you want.
yes you are correct

Quick Reply: Info on my truck and lift