Potential Problem from AS kit install

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 08:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Potential Problem from AS kit install

Guys,

I need some input here.

I installed a 1.5in AS leveling kit and 275/70/18 BFG AT KOs on my 2010 F-150. It looks great and I had an alignment done right after the install. I notice that my driver's side front makes a noise when turning at low speed. Almost like a grinding noise. It is very similar to when you slam on ABS breaks sometimes and you get that noise and feel it in the petal, but I am not slamming on the breaks. It does it in either direction, and I don't know if it is coming from passenger side as well, but am almost certain that it is drivers side. I took the wheel off and everything is snugged up and looks good. No evidence of wheel rubbing anywhere. (These are stock wheels by the way). THe only thing I notice is the rubber boots on the underside of the top end of the strut tower look somewhat distorted. I wanted to ask on here before I tear it apart and need to get another alignment. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It doesn't do this all the time, but is almost certain to do it when going over a bump when turning, but does it on flat ground sometimes too.

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:18 PM
I had same issue just going over bumps I think its just from extending the length of strut

Old 02-23-2011, 04:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My guess is that there was a problem with the installation and not an after-effect of the spacer itself. Check the brake hose on full extension to be sure it is not stretched. Also check the ABS sensor to be sure it is firmly seated at the caliper side and there is enough slack. You checked rubbing at full extension? Is it 4wd and if so, check the CV axle as well. Post what you find, and pics of the boot you mentioned could help.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:13 PM
traction control!! try turning your tc off then go thru the same turns and see what happens mine was doing the same thing untill i turned tc off,,problem solved,,just a thought............

Last edited by philly164; 02-23-2011 at 06:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Potential Problem from AS kit install