An idea of mine..

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An idea of mine..

C-notch a 4x4?
Now before you call me crazy, hear me out;

If it's done right, you could have an amazing amount of travel and articulation without much lift at all, now it'd ruin the point in a lift for height but from a more pre-runner/baja style performance viewpoint, wouldn't it perform better than a lift?
I personally don't have experience with C-notching but with proper bracing and a four link, I'd think it would be able to take the twist rather well.

You're center of gravity would be lower, allowing for better cornering without worrying of flipping so you could in turn take the corners quicker, jumps wouldn't send you as rotational from the higher mass concentration, I don't believe.

The only real negatives I can think of would be that if you kept a stock bed and didn't flare it, have bulged fiberglass sides or a full out fiberglass shell, you may rub, and really bad depending on wheel, tire, shock and spring selection.

Combine this with a long travel front end and, depending on again, wheels, tires, shocks and springs, you could have a full out baja suspension, sitting close to stock height.

Anyways, just a thought that crossed my mind, any thoughts?

Quick Reply: An idea of mine..