How to recognize axle wrap?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 01:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to recognize axle wrap?

Hey guys,

I am about to put on my 5" block (upgrading from 3" block) which will level out my truck. My question is I drive the truck very easily as a daily driver to work and back and I don't typically tow. I haven't felt any wheel hop or what feels like something out of the normal even when I got on it hard twice to get into traffic. Can someone describe what axle hop feels like to a driver? I won't be getting a new spring leaf pack for a while. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by csdollar
Hey guys,

I am about to put on my 5" block (upgrading from 3" block) which will level out my truck. My question is I drive the truck very easily as a daily driver to work and back and I don't typically tow. I haven't felt any wheel hop or what feels like something out of the normal even when I got on it hard twice to get into traffic. Can someone describe what axle hop feels like to a driver? I won't be getting a new spring leaf pack for a while. Thanks in advance.

i am curious as well

Old 10-27-2009, 08:29 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
You can't tell when the axle wraps, you can only tell when it snaps back. There are a lot of good videos on youtube.

Axle wrap

Jeep axle wrap

Quick Reply: How to recognize axle wrap?