****06 supercrew lowering problems****

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 03:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
****06 supercrew lowering problems****

Ok hey guys I just joined this site... I got a problem. I have a 06 supercrew with 305/35/26 wheels and tires... That left me sitting 4 1/4 in the front and 6 1/2 in the back... It looked ok but in my opinion that's just to much space in between the tires and the truck.

So I bought a lowering kit 2" & 3" shackles... Well the front ended up going down like 2 1/4 and the back only went down 2"...

Now that I see it I wish I had dropped the front 1" to 1 1/2 and the back 3 1/2 to 4"... What should I do now... I don't want to spend to much more money on it but it's bugging the sh$t out of me so guess I got to do what I got to do...

I don't mind changing out the front springs but is there something I can add with the shacks to make it a little bit lower... I heard something about drop hangers, but can't find any... If so what and where can I find them...

The link below is what it looked like before the drop... Once I figure out how to add pic on here I will show u what it looks like now

And if all else fails where can I get a kit for all that I want thats not to much.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by demetriew
Ok hey guys I just joined this site... I got a problem. I have a 06 supercrew with 305/35/26 wheels and tires... That left me sitting 4 1/4 in the front and 6 1/2 in the back... It looked ok but in my opinion that's just to much space in between the tires and the truck.

So I bought a lowering kit 2" & 3" shackles... Well the front ended up going down like 2 1/4 and the back only went down 2"...

Now that I see it I wish I had dropped the front 1" to 1 1/2 and the back 3 1/2 to 4"... What should I do now... I don't want to spend to much more money on it but it's bugging the sh$t out of me so guess I got to do what I got to do...

I don't mind changing out the front springs but is there something I can add with the shacks to make it a little bit lower... I heard something about drop hangers, but can't find any... If so what and where can I find them...

The link below is what it looked like before the drop... Once I figure out how to add pic on here I will show u what it looks like now

And if all else fails where can I get a kit for all that I want thats not to much.
go to www.stylintrucks.com theyll hook u up with good prices jigga. they have everything u want literaly lol

Old 10-17-2009, 09:29 AM
Get the rear 3 inch leafs and combine them with the shackles (if the shackle is adjustable) to adjust the rear hieght. Have not seen a 1 inch drop spring for the front.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:39 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
they do not make drop hangers for the 04-08+ trucks

you will need replacement drop leaf springs. You can get 3" or 4" springs depending on how your shackle adjusts, and how low you want to go. Most people do 3" spring and 2" shackle.

And welcome to the site neighbor

Old 10-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by mixedbreed
Get the rear 3 inch leafs and combine them with the shackles (if the shackle is adjustable) to adjust the rear hieght. Have not seen a 1 inch drop spring for the front.

yea im going to go with the 3" leaf springs in the back. I found a set of eibach leaf springs for 245.00. and in the front I found a 1 1/4 spring spacer 10.00 a piece So now everything will be perfect. Thanks guys

Wonder why the shackle never went down the full 3"

Quick Reply: ****06 supercrew lowering problems****