New front drive shafts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool New front drive shafts?

I have a 3"level kit on my 05 4x4. If I was to go any higher would I have to change drive shafts. I would like to go 3 to 4 " higher. Really not interested in six inch lift. Would rather stay away from body lift.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by Bob150
I have a 3"level kit on my 05 4x4. If I was to go any higher would I have to change drive shafts. I would like to go 3 to 4 " higher. Really not interested in six inch lift. Would rather stay away from body lift.
Sorry, I don't quite get what you are asking. You already have a 3" leveling kit, and want to go 3" higher, which would be 6" total. You don't want a 6" lift and don't want the other 3" from a body lift. You don't have any other options.

If you have a 6" lift you should get a new front driveline. Almost every kit manufacturer (lift kit, not leveling) recommends modification or replacement. The only mfgr that includes one in their lift kit is Trail Master, AFIK.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:54 PM
Sorry, I didn't think the leveling kit was considered a lift since nothing was done to the rear. I do have firstone ride rite system on it now. That being the case, I do want a total of 6 ".

Old 10-13-2009, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by Bob150
Sorry, I didn't think the leveling kit was considered a lift since nothing was done to the rear. I do have firstone ride rite system on it now. That being the case, I do want a total of 6 ".
Then do a body lift. Lots of people on this site have them. When they are done right (using the gap guards) they look really good and the truck's ride won't change from what you have now. They are not hard to do, but they are a lot of work (at least on your generation of truck), if that makes any sense. And they are inexpensive.

Quick Reply: New front drive shafts?