shocks for the rear

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 01:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shocks for the rear

i am replacing my rear shocks i had rs5000 and was not impressed but my KYB's back on even though they are for the stock height (currently have rancho 4inch lift) i am installing air bags and know i need bigger shock i was some that will give me a good ride so i am wondering should i get another longer pair of the KYB's or get something else thats better? i dont want a stiff ride like i was getting with the rs5000(they are filled with oil)

thanks

Old 10-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the rs5000 were to stiff? i have those in my truck and they're great. i would not get kyb's there made in japan

Old 10-09-2009, 04:14 PM
What kind of price range are you looking at for the shocks?

I have a set of the ProComp MX6R shocks on the truck which are great and adjustable. They also make another version of the MX6 without the reservoir.

If money is no object pick up a set of good leafs instead of the block. I also have a set of 6" Deavers on the truck and I couldnt be happier. Since you are only running a 4" lift you could just get their 4" springs and probably take out the block.

Old 10-09-2009, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by F150man21
the rs5000 were to stiff? i have those in my truck and they're great. i would not get kyb's there made in japan
yes my back end could kick out on any sort of pot hole or bump they are meant to be on a bigger vehicle or something wayyy too stiff

Originally Posted by lordfeyr
What kind of price range are you looking at for the shocks?
I have a set of the ProComp MX6R shocks on the truck which are great and adjustable. They also make another version of the MX6 without the reservoir.
If money is no object pick up a set of good leafs instead of the block. I also have a set of 6" Deavers on the truck and I couldnt be happier. Since you are only running a 4" lift you could just get their 4" springs and probably take out the block.
i am trying to figure out if i can get a non adjustable shock that is longer and will have a nice ride

Quick Reply: shocks for the rear