Rancho shock adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 07:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rancho shock adjustment

I've got Rancho RS99237 (front) and RS99238 (rear) on my truck. Can anyone tell me about the adjustment **** on the shocks. I believe they have nine different settings, I'm trying to figure which number is for what type of setting (stiffer ride and such). I've looked on Rancho's website but didn't have any luck. Thanks

Old 08-23-2009, 10:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The higher the setting the firmer the ride... I have mine set firmer on the front than the back because of the weight of the engine and have an empty bed most of the time...

Old 08-24-2009, 10:53 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It's also 100% personal preference. There is no right or wrong answer. There's no specific number they're supposed to be set on for a given situation. You have to find what you like for different driving scenarios...that's why there's no really great instructions. How can they tell you what you like!

Old 08-25-2009, 10:06 AM
I had the same shocks on mt truck. I ran them stiff in the back about one click passed half way to avoid wheel hop in the freeway and lighter in the front to get the nice soft ride up there about 2 click this side of half way. I guess it is personal preference.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:52 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Galaxy
It's also 100% personal preference. There is no right or wrong answer. There's no specific number they're supposed to be set on for a given situation. You have to find what you like for different driving scenarios...that's why there's no really great instructions. How can they tell you what you like!
Agreed 100%. I get that question constantly, for obvious reasons, but it's a matter or sole preference. What may be firm or soft to me may not be to you.

Quick Reply: Rancho shock adjustment