Few Suspension Questions!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 11:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Few Suspension Questions!

Alright to begin with yesterday i came home to see my Dad got me 33 inch tire litterly wedged in, its not rubbing but does look funky. I was thinking about new shocks and for a long time a leveling kit. My truck is getting old and has around 80K on it, so what type of shocks do you recommend? I plan on only a leveling kit. Leveling kits, i know Dayton is commonly used, i was thinking a 1.5 inch coil spacer seemed okay since my rake is minimal, how much do you think it would cost to put coil spacers in and what all do i need? I have lifetime alignment at a great tire shop so i should be good there.

Old 08-22-2009, 12:26 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by BlueOval_Man
Alright to begin with yesterday i came home to see my Dad got me 33 inch tire litterly wedged in, its not rubbing but does look funky. I was thinking about new shocks and for a long time a leveling kit. My truck is getting old and has around 80K on it, so what type of shocks do you recommend? I plan on only a leveling kit. Leveling kits, i know Dayton is commonly used, i was thinking a 1.5 inch coil spacer seemed okay since my rake is minimal, how much do you think it would cost to put coil spacers in and what all do i need? I have lifetime alignment at a great tire shop so i should be good there.
dont know about your year truck, but i would double check the "lifetime" alignment. i doubt they will honor it if you intensionally alter your alignment!!! i know it is not much, but it is an extra expense!!

Old 08-22-2009, 12:33 PM
I dont know, i had 33's put on and they honored it, plus its only 1.5 inches i dont think they would notice that much.

Quick Reply: Few Suspension Questions!