couple of questions - installed level, lift, and bigger tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 12:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help please - level and aal and alignment but still steering issues

2005 f150 screw 4x4.
I recently installed a daystar 2.5" level and a bds add a leaf. I then put on 18" wheels and 33x12.5x18" toyo m/t's. the truck pulled to the right a lot after the level and aal were installed. i have brought it in to be aligned twice and now it only just very slightly pulls right. after driving it and calling the shop back to tell them it was almost perfect i was told "he didnt want to make anymore adjustments because of the camber." He said "my tires would begin to wear unevenly." the truck is still pulling to the right though. would this not cause it to wear unevenly as i am having to adjust to the left slightly? doesnt it mean its still not aligned? should it be adjusted until it steers straight or are his computer readings correct and i have to live with the slight pull? any thoughts or input are greatly appreciated. thank you

Last edited by jlamr; 08-24-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by jlamr
I recently installed a daystar 2.5" level and a bds add a leaf. I then put on 18" wheel and 33x12.5x18" toyo m/t's. 2005 f150 screw 4x4

1. the truck seems to "track" now with the wide tires. if the road is slanted to the right I have to correct to the left and vice versa. is this normal? is this from the wide tires?

2. the truck also pulled to the right a lot after the level and aal were installed. i have brought it in to be aligned twice and now it only just very slightly pulls right. after driving it and calling the shop back to tell them it was almost perfect i was told "he didnt want to make anymore adjustments because of the camber." He said "my tires would begin to wear unevenly." the truck is still pulling to the right though. would this not cause it to wear unevenly as i am having to adjust to the left slightly? am I getting two kinds of wear then? one from the camber and one from correcting left? i am not sure what camber is btw? i am not sure what to do now? i would like my truck to steer straight. do i sacrifice camber in order to do so?

thanks for your help
The right front tire may have a bad belt or slipped belt...

That could cause the problem

Old 08-20-2009, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by Mr. eXtreme
The right front tire may have a bad belt or slipped belt...

That could cause the problem
these are brand new toyo open country m/t's and they have rotated tires front to back

Old 08-24-2009, 03:05 PM
anyone?!?!?!?!?

Quick Reply: couple of questions - installed level, lift, and bigger tires