Body Lift and Hitch

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 05:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Body Lift and Hitch

I have seen a few pictures of people raising the hitch after a body lift, but I am unsure how to do it. Any help and pictures would be great

Old 05-22-2009, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by wmc91
I have seen a few pictures of people raising the hitch after a body lift, but I am unsure how to do it. Any help and pictures would be great
The only member i ve seen do that was Nooq
heres a pic of his truck

I was going to have mine moved up but it would have cost too much , and considering i dont tow anything i just had my local shop make some new brackets to take it off.

and heres a pic of mine w/o the hitch

Old 05-23-2009, 02:28 AM
Now by doing it that way im pretty sure Nooq lost the abilities to be able to use the hitch itself. Im not sure if Nooq had someone make brackets or what but when you install the body lift you have to cut your rear bumper apart, install the 3 in blocks , and then weld the bumper back together in 2 different spots so therefor it uses the factory nuts/bolts and brackets so you dont loose the towing asset... Now if some how he got this done and still has the towing capability then i would like to do this as well so therefor it hides the hitch like it did before the body lift....Heres a pic with it cut and the 3 inch blocks being installed on the bumper and an after pic

Quick Reply: Body Lift and Hitch