I hate this thing

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 11:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation I hate this thing

ok. i have an 04 f150 2wd. i bought a "3" inch spacer for it. when i measured it, it was 1.5 inches. but when i put it on i did gain about 3 inches. i guess im happy with it but i wanted it to be highr.

ive been looking at those bolt on coil overs from race runner, icon, and king but will i bee in the same spot? in that case why waste my time and money.

i dont know what to do. does any one have a truck with those coilovers?

pictures please!!!!!!

Old 05-21-2009, 12:52 AM
Get a lift kit and it will solve your problems there for you will be higher bc you can only go so high up front without a suspension lift.... Bc with a 3inch Leveling kit your already putting all of your ball joints and cv's in a pretty bad angle and going to wear out quicker.

Old 05-21-2009, 02:23 AM
Suspended
x2^^^

either do suspension or body lift depending how high u actually wanna go.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
body lift or a full blown suspension lift is your only option and the price of a bl makes it almost worth getting the lift

Old 05-21-2009, 07:09 AM
Originally Posted by fx4 for life 79
body lift or a full blown suspension lift is your only option and the price of a bl makes it almost worth getting the lift
Not exactly true bc i paid 100 more after the body lift to have it installed and that was in garage fees and having someone else welding my rear bumper back together. I did everything myself so if you dont have the tools and time to do this yourself then yes it can be more than buying a lift. BC installing a body lift on the 04- trucks are a PITA and it took me all weekend. So if you can do it yourself and have the ability to use a bay or garage with tools then go for if but if not then look into a cheap suspension lift

Old 05-21-2009, 11:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mhockey9090
Not exactly true bc i paid 100 more after the body lift to have it installed and that was in garage fees and having someone else welding my rear bumper back together. I did everything myself so if you dont have the tools and time to do this yourself then yes it can be more than buying a lift. BC installing a body lift on the 04- trucks are a PITA and it took me all weekend. So if you can do it yourself and have the ability to use a bay or garage with tools then go for if but if not then look into a cheap suspension lift
forgot to add that, good point though

Quick Reply: I hate this thing