Bagging the F-150: tips, tricks and plain ADVICE

Old 05-16-2009, 03:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bagging the F-150: tips, tricks and plain ADVICE

Well I order my Roush lowering kit about 2 weeks ago and the guy told me we were going to install today and well he funked me over and didn't show up to work today!

So I'm thinking I will just F' them and bag my truck.

Now I'm new to this whole lowering process so I want some help from the pro's out there.

I honestly tried to google this **** but all I get is ridiculous u-tube videos... so please help me with this stuff.

Basically I'm just wondering if I can just get bags and install them OR do I need a bunch of other parts all well OR should I get the Roush kit and have bags with it as well? I honestly don't know or what I need to do to lower a vehicle.

Old 05-16-2009, 03:34 PM
Note : 2008 screw F150 2wd

Old 05-18-2009, 07:43 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
there is a ton of work needed to do a full bag setup. They sell bolt in kits but they are way overpriced for what you get, and you still will need more stuff on top of those kits.

You will probably be better off just doing the roush kit and spending some more time doing some research to see if its really what you want to get into.

You should look up Dribone, and 1Fast4.6 they both have full bag setups and lay frame. Also might be worth looking up anaheim_drew

Old 05-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
there is a ton of work needed to do a full bag setup. They sell bolt in kits but they are way overpriced for what you get, and you still will need more stuff on top of those kits.

You will probably be better off just doing the roush kit and spending some more time doing some research to see if its really what you want to get into.

You should look up Dribone, and 1Fast4.6 they both have full bag setups and lay frame. Also might be worth looking up anaheim_drew
Drew is bolt on with a body kit.

ART makes a rear link and shockwaves for the front of out kits. They are the only company that makes anything bolt on. If you have the 5.4 it bolts on, with the 4.6 and smaller rear end you have to modify the locating bar(not sure what they call it) to make it shorter. I don't think it includes a c notch either, but i'm not sure.

Devious makes front bag cups for us, but you need to fab a shock mount if you want. A universal rear kit may work for you if you have decent welding skills and know some suspension geometry.

Dri explained everything to me

Old 05-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Just lower it. I just bought a 3/4 kit for my 02. It depends what your goal is, and how much you want to spend though. Since you already bought the roush suspension, throw it on, see how it is, you can always bag it later

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bagging the F-150: tips, tricks and plain ADVICE