Level kit VS Bilsteins

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 02:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Level kit VS Bilsteins

I only want a 2" lift on the front on my 2007 F-150 FX4. I know there are thousands of trucks with the front leveling kit and most everyone has no complaints. But if money was no object, what would everyone put on your truck. Please, be honest. The more input from everyone, the better. Thanks.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:49 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Have a try at the search button, this topic has been discussed many many times with lots of info.

I chose Bilsteins because they do not allow excessive suspension droop, which causes things to bind. Look at the recent threads about leveling kits where people have the control arms hitting the springs. This happens because you are moving the shock further away from the frame allowing the suspension to droop beyond design. A 3" kit will allow 3" more droop than design.

The bilsteins allow slightly more travel than factory shocks, but within a safe limit that does not allow things to bind. Plus the ride from bilstein shocks is worth replace alone, in my opinion. They are a bit more firm than stock, which helps handle the extra weight of larger tires.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by donbeeler49
I only want a 2" lift on the front on my 2007 F-150 FX4. I know there are thousands of trucks with the front leveling kit and most everyone has no complaints. But if money was no object, what would everyone put on your truck. Please, be honest. The more input from everyone, the better. Thanks.
If money was no object I would be rolling on a 8" rize instead of a leveling kit

But being for real I went with a leveling kit because I can get free alignment and it costed me nothing to put on. But I think if you believe you need new shocks then you might as well spend the money and go ahead and get the blisteins.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:21 PM
you got that right!!!

Old 05-05-2009, 01:18 AM
I really like my bilsteins but if money were no object I'd get the King coilovers in the front and the king piggybacks for the rear. I want to get them but for the set of 4 you're looking at close to 2gs all for a max of 3" of total lift. I'm looking at a 6" Fabtech lift right now locally and they do them for $1700 installed for the basic kit so I'm probably gonna be getting the fab here in the next couple months.

Old 05-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Former Sponsor
Can't go wrong with Bilstein's. Pound for pound they are solid.

Quick Reply: Level kit VS Bilsteins