What is it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 01:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is it?

OK, my brother has a 2008 fx2 sport that we installed a levelling kit on at christmas. Last week I went up to his place and we installed the same kit on my 2008 foose truck(they start out as a fx2 sport). When we installed the wedge between the axle and the leaf spring my truck has some kind of spacer that is about 1.5" high and his truck doesn't. There is a ford emblem stamped in it so I am thinking it is there from the factory and not part of the foose package. His truck is a supercab, mine is a supercrew and mine sits about 1.5" taller than his. Mine also has tracksion control and his doesn't. Can anyone clear up what the heck this block is in the truck for?

Old 04-24-2009, 09:24 AM
Are you refering to a block like this: https://www.f150online.com/forums/su...k-install.html ??

Pretty sure traction control is managed via your breaking system so that should have nothign to do with it.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:19 AM
Does your truck have the towing package? Does his? I'm pretty sure that 2wd's w/ the towing package came w/ a 1" lift block in the rear to minimalize sag when towing. All other 2wd's didn't have a block in the rear.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by tlt008
Does your truck have the towing package? Does his? I'm pretty sure that 2wd's w/ the towing package came w/ a 1" lift block in the rear to minimalize sag when towing. All other 2wd's didn't have a block in the rear.

AHH I think you are right, good call.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:27 PM
The block looks like the first one in the picture with the part pointing towards the diff. I emailed my brother and his truck does have a tow package also. With the levelling kit installed it does still site up a little in the back almost the same as the block so I might take that out and try it. I will wait to see what the tonneau cover and new box liner will do before doing anything.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:16 AM
That item you speak of is definitely a factory lift block and the part that points out towards the diff is part of the bumpstop ststem. If you look directly above that on the frame rail there will be a round rubber piece that is the other half of the system. I sincerely doubt the liner is going to do anything and most covers are super light these days. It's def. a good idea to wait and see but I'll bet you can count on being able to take that block out and it'll sit how you want it.