05 f150 screw 2wd

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 10:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 f150 screw 2wd

I was planning on a 6" fabtech but I don't think it's reasonable and I'll never really get to where I could afford it. I was thinking of doing like a 3" Level and a 3" Block kit. Would that give me enough room to fit 35s? Or no? Any other options? I really don't want a body lift, just not a fan. Any opinions are more than welcome. Really want that "wow factor" and have my front bumper replacement not look out of place and all that. Thanks guys.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:52 PM
How do you want the truck to sit? A leveling kit lifts the front so that it sits level. If you add blocks to the rear it will make the rear sit higher again...

A 3" leveling kit should net you enough space to fit a 35" tire but the only problem is that when you start to go above 2.5" you get to a point where the angles in the suspension are a bit severe and can really cause premature failure.

You can always save up to do the procomp stage 1 lift which is still 6" but a bit cheaper than the fabtechs.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:53 PM
2wd on 35's 3 inch truxxx lift. has sag alittle in rear but i like it.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by lordfeyr
How do you want the truck to sit? A leveling kit lifts the front so that it sits level. If you add blocks to the rear it will make the rear sit higher again...

A 3" leveling kit should net you enough space to fit a 35" tire but the only problem is that when you start to go above 2.5" you get to a point where the angles in the suspension are a bit severe and can really cause premature failure.

You can always save up to do the procomp stage 1 lift which is still 6" but a bit cheaper than the fabtechs.
Would it really net me enough for 35s in the front? Would I then kill it by adding that extra weight from the bumper? I've heard that my joints will be okay as long as I don't go off road which I do on occasion.. How much cheaper could I get that pro comp for. I can get a Fabtech 6" installed for around 2000.

Originally Posted by rojoscrewkab05
2wd on 35's 3 inch truxxx lift. has sag alittle in rear but i like it.

What is Truxxx?

Old 04-20-2009, 10:58 PM
some company that makes a overpriced 3 inch spacer.lol

Old 04-20-2009, 11:00 PM
some company that makes a overpriced 3 inch spacer.lol
lol!

Old 04-20-2009, 11:42 PM
Suspended
have you considered installing yourself w/ help of your dad or some friends? that would definitely help, and keep your tires until they need to be replaced

Old 04-21-2009, 12:12 AM
I have seen the procomp lift for as low as 1k. You may be able to find one private party etc... Just look around. Installing yourself should not be too hard especially like above if you get some friends to help.

If you are adding a heavy bumper up front you might get some rub but yes 3" should net you enough to clear the tires.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:09 AM
i think that you will be fine, you just gotta make sure the Back spacing is not to outrageous. Also the bumper shouldn't weight it down to much, how heavy is it? and the only thing you should have to trim is the rear plastic part on the inside.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:50 PM
I don't think a 3" leveling kit on a 2WD is going to get you enough space for 35's without them looking stuffed and rubbing on every turn. I had a 2.5" leveling kit on my truck prior to lifting and there was no way I was going to get 35's up in there so I don't think another .5" is going to get it either. Here's a pic of my truck with the 2.5" kit on it.

Personally I say just save up and do it the way you really want to. It took me saving for an entire year to get my truck lifted. You'd be amazed how much money you can save by not eating out as often and packing your own lunch.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by lordfeyr
I have seen the procomp lift for as low as 1k. You may be able to find one private party etc... Just look around. Installing yourself should not be too hard especially like above if you get some friends to help.

If you are adding a heavy bumper up front you might get some rub but yes 3" should net you enough to clear the tires.
How much is an average install cost? 700? I'll check around.

Originally Posted by thorherc67
i think that you will be fine, you just gotta make sure the Back spacing is not to outrageous. Also the bumper shouldn't weight it down to much, how heavy is it? and the only thing you should have to trim is the rear plastic part on the inside.
Yeah th at's what I was thinking, I can't find how much it weighs, I assume 300 or so pounds?

Originally Posted by wxscpo
I don't think a 3" leveling kit on a 2WD is going to get you enough space for 35's without them looking stuffed and rubbing on every turn. I had a 2.5" leveling kit on my truck prior to lifting and there was no way I was going to get 35's up in there so I don't think another .5" is going to get it either. Here's a pic of my truck with the 2.5" kit on it.

Personally I say just save up and do it the way you really want to. It took me saving for an entire year to get my truck lifted. You'd be amazed how much money you can save by not eating out as often and packing your own lunch.
Interesting. Thanks for the incite!

Originally Posted by 06yz250f
have you considered installing yourself w/ help of your dad or some friends? that would definitely help, and keep your tires until they need to be replaced
Yeah, My mom had said before she'd get my dad to help me out with it, but now he's saying it's not reasonable so we'll see. I just know that if I don't do it right, I'll regret it and just redo it and end up having to wait longer than before.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just continue saving and do it the way you want it the first time

Old 04-21-2009, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by fx4 for life 79
just continue saving and do it the way you want it the first time
yeah. I' think thats what i have to do. Wish I could get that 4" rancho

Old 04-21-2009, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by wxscpo

i have 35's on my 2wd with a 3 inch spacer

Old 04-21-2009, 09:53 PM
i have 35's on my 2wd with a 3 inch spacer
Sweet, pics?

Quick Reply: 05 f150 screw 2wd