Lifted, then regrets?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 01:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lifted, then regrets?

I am looking at getting just a 3 inch PA body lift for my truck. I want to go from my current 285/70/17's to 315/75/16's. I'm pretty sure the only regrets most people here have is not going bigger sooner. Are there any surprises ahead that I'm not aware of? Any insurance hassles, unforeseen problems? I know I will have to check my clearance at my parking garage at work. Just curious, thanks.

Old 04-19-2009, 02:41 AM
Yeah my only regret is removing my leveling kit and not adding an AAL to get a couple of extra inches of height. I know I have the newer body style, but my truck has been lifted for 2 years now and I have had no issues. One issue though could be with your insurance company should you have an accident, they may not cover any damaged aftermarket parts. Other than that lift'er up and post some pics when it's done.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:24 AM
i wouldnt do a body lift, as i have seen some problems arise from it such as your tranny linkage not lineing up properly over time, and the body lift mounts cracking...my only regret in lifting my truck was not going for the rize 12" as i bought the 8", just fyi in my honest opinion anything over a 6" 35 combo isnt the best daily highway driver

Old 04-19-2009, 10:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i regret installing a body lift on my 03. i eventually broke down, and installed a 6'' fabtech kit, after i kept tearing cv boots from driving around w/ the torsion bars cranked all the way. i didn't want to compromise height either by backing them down.

i often question my desire to run 37's-38's on my DD, and will probably take the body lift down. til then, i'm rocking 6+3 on 35's, lol.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by minimonster17
i regret installing a body lift on my 03. i eventually broke down, and installed a 6'' fabtech kit, after i kept tearing cv boots from driving around w/ the torsion bars cranked all the way. i didn't want to compromise height either by backing them down.

i often question my desire to run 37's-38's on my DD, and will probably take the body lift down. til then, i'm rocking 6+3 on 35's, lol.
LIAR... your not gonna do that. You will regear and run 38's...

Anyhoo. back to the question.

I regret waiting to do the SAS. Should have done it along time ago.

the body lift will be fine havent had any problems with my tranny linkage or any other part on the kit. I beat the **** out of my truck at least once a week and i havent had and of the problems some are talking of. Actually my stock suspension broke before the body lift... hmm

Make sure you get a good brand like Performance Accessories.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:49 AM
After reading just these few comments,I am beginning to question my plan to add a 3" Body Lift to my rig. It's currently my DD,and I was kicking the idea around to add a BL,4.88's,and new 37"KM2's.Maybe I should stick with 35"s and look for a Mustang?Wish I was rich,I'd have both.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:49 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My only regret was not lifting mine sooner. I'm on my third truck with a PA body lift and have never had a problem with any of them.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:52 AM
well, i'm not worried too much about reliability on a DD, but rather the fuel mileage. right now i'm getting an estimated 12mpg on 35's and stock gears. if i could get 11mpg regeared on 37's-38's, i would be happy.

reliability-wise- in the past year i've had the body lift, the shifter linkage has bound up like once or twice on me. it hasn't snapped or anything, if that's what you're worried about... make sure to install the extension bracket, that helps a lot.

as far as the mounts go, a body lift won't cause them to fall apart. granted, i wouldn't go jumping the truck or anything... there's so many trucks on the street with body lifts, the ones that fall apart are the home-made kits, not the professional PA ones.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Suspended
i regret lifting my truck, sometimes. i love how it looks and all, but sometimes when using it for work, i just wish it was stock then.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:33 PM
I wish I had lowered mine, and know it is still an option but I would have to take everything off and sale it then buy all the other items to lower.

So she is what she is!

Old 04-19-2009, 01:01 PM
I regret not doing it sooner as well - really sets off the truck. I also regret living in WI due to the lift laws and not legally being able to run a higher lift

If I could do anything it would have been a 6" suspension but I'm more than satisfied with my PA BL. I have had NO problems with it - I really don't hear of many people running into problems with them as well.

The only downside is that I really don't fit into parking ramps now - just makes it a little hard when trying to park in certain areas. Other than that I'd say go for it if you are hard on cash but want some sort of lift. If $ allows, def. go bigger

Quick Reply: Lifted, then regrets?