Alignment and Car wash Questions... hmmm

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alignment and Car wash Questions... hmmm

Hey guys!
As you may know I just got my lift and tires put on and the alignment was jacked, of course. I took it in and they "did their best" to get everything straight but... my steering wheel is turned left, bad, my passenger side tire is still cambered like whoa and now it pulls to the left.
The best they could do seems pretty crappy so I went and got my money back.
They argued that my upper control arms were too small for the lift application and I'd need to spend another $1k on bigger ones... ???

What do you think?

Also, will i fit through the car wash now? Someone has to have tried it, right? Ha Ha

THANKS IN ADVANCE ! ! !

Guy

Last edited by GDGemmer; 04-09-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by GDGemmer
Hey guys!
As you may know I just got my lift and tires put on and the alignment was jacked, of course. I took it in and they "did their best" to get everything straight but... my steering wheel is turned left, bad, my passenger side tire is still cambered like whoa and now it pulls to the left.
The best they could do seems pretty crappy so I went and got my money back.
They argued that my upper control arms were too small for the lift application and I'd need to spend another $1k on bigger ones... ???

What do you think?

Also, will i fit through the car wash now? Someone has to have tried it, right? Ha Ha

THANKS IN ADVANCE ! ! !

Guy

Depends what car wash, I went to the Chevron here a week or so ago, and I'm stock and I had to get out and check if I would even fit! You def wouldn't fit in that.

Btw, I think the upper control arm thing is BS. I may be wrong though.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:11 PM
I'm guessing you took it to a tire store and not an alignment shop? If so, take it to someone who knows how to do alignments.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
go get your money back and try somewhere else

Old 04-09-2009, 07:28 PM
You definitely don't need bigger UCA's to run a 6" lift. Those guys are idiots. There is no reason they shouldn't have been able to align your truck either other than the fact they just don't know anything about lifted trucks. Good thing you got your money back. I'd just call around and ask if they have any experience with lifted trucks before you take it anywhere. The dealer is a fail safe too though it is a little more expensive.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:19 PM
any luck on your alignment ? You might want to buy a bucket and a good wash mitt Your going to need it .

Old 04-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What kinda lift did you get?

Old 04-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
I think that you need to find a reputable off-road shop. There is not one lift sold on the market today that cannot be aligned. Trust me. Otherwise, everyone with the same lift would not be able to get an alignment. Double check to make sure that the lift was installed correctly.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:20 PM
One thing you need to watch out for is the width of the track at a car wash. Most can fit up to a 35/12.50. Any bigger than that your truck could jump the track. Ive seen it happen and the truck took out a beam supporting the tunnel.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:19 AM
I wouldn't take my truck to any carwash that uses a track or has metal guides. I just got back from the carwash tonight and the damn place screwed up my pass side wheel. Damn stoner kid told me to turn right more as I was pulling up to go in to get lined up in the track better. I get get to looking at the truck when I get home & I find that all the way around the lip of the wheel has been rubbed and the finish has now flaked off. I'm not saying it happens to everyone but just be careful if you do go.

Old 04-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
No problem with stoner kids at car washes here. They're all Spanish speaking immigrants.

Old 04-10-2009, 11:47 AM
I'm lucky enough to have a huger trucker style bay self wash not even a mile from my house. The thing is awesome! Before i lifted it though I used to take it to the Sunoco that's like 200 yards from my place. They had a touchless/brushless system that you just drove into until the light came on. No people, no tracks and no swirl marks! It even finished off with Rain-X the whole thing. Damn I miss that thing but there is no way in hell I'd fit in it now.

Quick Reply: Alignment and Car wash Questions... hmmm