Rcx 6"?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rcx 6"?

Hey guys... Im researching the RCX 6" suspension lift for my '08 F150 Super Crew. I have heard a few people who have it say good stuff about it, and I read a good review from fourwheeler. Anyways... I know there are a few people out there running it, but I haven't heard a whole lot about it. So if you guys wouldn't mind chiming in and letting me know what the positives and negatives are of it, and why they're positive/negative and just overall how you like/dislike it, that would be great!

P.S. I don't do extreme offroading, just a little mudding, some very minor trail riding, and driving on the beach - North Carolina beaches, so no sand dune jumping and stuff like that lol...

Thanks guys!

Old 04-06-2009, 09:30 PM
As you can see, not many people have it....

Here's a free bump for ya though

Old 04-06-2009, 09:35 PM
lol. Thanks tlt

Old 04-06-2009, 10:20 PM

will you decide on a damn lift

Old 04-06-2009, 11:04 PM
Well I have been looking into this lift. I would like to have it.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:50 PM
Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i personally dislike the kit. read the install instructions, a cheap lift IMO. if money is an issue, i would go with a pro comp over the rcx.

take the reviews in four wheeler with a small small grain of salt, if someone gave you a free lift, you ain't gonna bash on it are you?

1. there is some drilling required with the lift, they can't design it to use the nine hundred bolts that are already there?

2. the kick brace attaching is an absolute joke, weaker than weak

3. the rear block is a joke! i have never seen that kind of designed block used, yeah that looks real SOLID, lol

i will give them credit for a nicely designed front crossmember though

ww.roughcountry.com/install/576S.pdf install directions

this lift isn't even worth the 1399 IMO, the chevy lift's they design are decent, but they skimped out bad on the ford lifts.

buy the pro comp, you can get it on ebay for 1378 shipped. your gonna need new rims with either lift anyways, so it don't really matter.
buy the pro comp, you can get it on ebay for 1378 shipped.

Last edited by ATOM; 04-07-2009 at 12:02 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:07 AM
much better off with the pro comp

Old 04-07-2009, 12:49 AM
wow those pics really prove that RCX (rough country) is pretty cheap. Also im pretty sure their products are made by AIM which i was told to stay away from by wandell.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:21 AM
what? aim? it looks like they designed the lift while they were talking on AIM

I had never seen those photos of the kick brace or the rear block. WOW O_o that's odd....

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! You have made up my mind on the RCX lift... RCX = NO

Do you happen to have a link to ebay where you saw it for 1378? I will buy that like ASAP if I can get it for that much...

I really need to thank you again for going into a lot of detail to show me why it wasnt good... Thanks ATOM

Old 04-07-2009, 01:23 AM
Originally Posted by IDNC76
will you decide on a damn lift
ya ya... lol....

well I did make up my mind about one lift - that's for sure.... now if I can find the Pro Comp on ebay for 1378

Old 04-07-2009, 01:29 AM
Originally Posted by wingman4

I had never seen those photos of the kick brace or the rear block. WOW O_o that's odd....

Do you happen to have a link to ebay where you saw it for 1378? I will buy that like ASAP if I can get it for that much...

I really need to thank you again for going into a lot of detail to show me why it wasnt good... Thanks ATOM
NEVERMIND! I FOUND IT!!!

Old 04-07-2009, 01:51 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by wingman4

glad to help AIM used to make crap lifts back in the day, there quality is as good as Whiplash used to be

the thing that gets people interested in rough country is the cheap price, yeah it's cheap, but damn! how cheap can you safely make a lift? i mean yea it's drilling holes, but if you gotta pay to have some drill holes in your frame, come on how ghetto is that, honestly. as for the kicker braces, imagine driving over something or hitting something at a decent speed, those are gonna let the rear crossmember fold right over, not good. now i love my rancho and the 1 piece subframe is damn sturdy, but it comes at a price too.

also procomp makes a nice aluminum skidplate to finish off the front end for a fair price, the rancho skidplate was almost 400 bucks shipped!

i'm glad we talked you into a suspension lift, you won't regret it. if i was your neighbor, i'd help ya put that mother on right now, i'm bored as hell...lol

Last edited by ATOM; 04-07-2009 at 01:55 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:38 AM
ATOM your picture are the prototype picture.

Here's the real kit. Look at the rear block. Same desing as stock block, but higher.

Not saying it's a good lift or not, but maybe they changed something over the prototype.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Suspended
those are the pics right from the install instructions, still junk IMO

Old 04-07-2009, 01:10 PM
well... still... I think Im gonna ask my dad to loan me a few hundred bucks so I can go ahead and buy that lift while its still there for sale

Ya know ATOM... I do go up to Milwaukee every now and then... maybe I could drive my truck up and we put the lift on, lol... nah, but how much did you pay for install? I figure at ~$90/hr for what? 5hrs? about $450 labor?

Quick Reply: Rcx 6"?