No Front Suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Front Suspension?

Hey guys I need some help. I have a 1993 f150 2 wheel drive. It seems like I have no suspension up front. Every little bump I go over the whole truck just hits hard. It isnt smooth when I go over any little bump. The shocks look real old? Could that be part of my problem? I looked under the front and didnt see anything that looked broke. There isnt any banging or anything just not a smoot ride at all. I know its a pretty old truck but I think it should ride better than it does. So Please give me suggestions guys!!!
Thanks!!!
Kevin

Old 02-24-2009, 07:08 PM
Sounds like typical radius arm bushing problem. Truck bangs over bumps, but everything "looks" OK. The radius arms run from the front suspension back to the frame under the cab and have bushings to absorb impact. When they go bad, you get a lot of noise and a rough riding truck.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:35 PM
If the shocks are really old I would definitely start there first. You can buy some good shocks and install them your self. I like Bilsteins but any good gas shock should be an improvement.
I also thought of the radius arm bushings like bigbronc says. They make a huge difference. The problem is that if your truck is stock, they're a pain to try to change out your self. And if you have a shop do it, be ready to drop some coin on the labor. The bushings are only about $25. There is a plastic washer on one side of the bushings that I would recommend you get from your local Ford parts dealer and change them out at the same time as your bushings if you end up doing the bushings.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:35 PM
I would swap in shocks, radius arm bushings and the I beam bushings and take a look at your springs while your working on it. if steering isnt a problem then thats all I would do

Quick Reply: No Front Suspension?