Thinking of a Body Lift

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 07:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking of a Body Lift

Ok I looked through here and didnt find what I was looking for.
After thinking over the tortion lift i am 95% sure im going to go with a 3" body lift instead. My truck is a 4x4 Manual with the 4x4 shifter on the floor.
Here is the dalimma, If i lift up the body, the shifters wont come with it obvlously. What Can be done to fix this? I thought about welding extensions onto th shifters under the boots so you couldnt tell, but then i realised that my shift pattern would be longer then. I thought about just leaving them alone untill i saw a kids ranger up at school. It looked like he had to reach down to the floor to shift the trans. What can be done to solve this? Im looking forward to having a lifted truck, but want every thing to look clean inside and out. Thanks for the help guys!

Old 01-16-2009, 10:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the turn dial 4x4 switch, but I'm sure Performance Accessories has addressed the manual shifter. Look at their website and contact them. I know different trucks are different. I installed a body lift on a 4x4 92 Blazer and it's shifter was mounted with a linkage so it wasn't an issue. I installed one on an 86 S-10 and the shifter was mounted directly to the transfer case. Of course it sank down 3 inches in the floor pan and I had to actually trim the floorpan a little to be able to shift into 4x4 low.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah, on my Trooper the transfer case mounted shifter dropped when the body came up and it put shifting into 4wd at a wierd angle. You can pull the shifter lever out, cut it and weld in a sleeve, then bend it in 2 places (like a lightning bolt) to put the handle back where it belongs.

Quick Reply: Thinking of a Body Lift