venting over 1.5 inch rear block

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 06:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
venting over 1.5 inch rear block

I had the 2.5 AS level kit done up front. Today I went to have the 1.5 AS rear block done and they were suppose to (according to the directions) remove the old spacer but they didn't. When I walked in to pickup my fx4 guy behind the counter mentioned something about needing longer U bolts , this seemed odd to me because AS products are top quality- didn't click at that time.

After driving my truck and coming to a stop i noticed a noise, not good. So I called it's close to noon and they are closing at noon. Turn around go back to shop and I mentioned that the rear seemed really high and the noise that comes from the rear that wasn't there when I brought it in. Gentleman says that the factory block was left on and the AS rear spacer was also on- that would explain the *** end way up and the U bolts as they said, not long enough

They're not happy about having to stay longer take the truck back to remove the factory spacer leaving only the AS block on. Guy comes around said something about finishing the job on monday- by then I am like whatever and take the truck home, like it was when i originally came in and will be back to have the rear block put in.

The thing that frustrated me the most is that they said the directions didn't mention removal of the factory spacer. Rather than ask the guy for directions and show him, because I wasn't totally sure I figured I go home and just start all over on monday

Thanks for letting me vent

Quick Reply: venting over 1.5 inch rear block