coil spring sag!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 01:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
coil spring sag!!!

i got my chambers and toeing adjusted about 5 months ago, and the guy said the reason my chambers were out was due to my coil springs that were installed during the lift installation. i didnt listen though and the other day i knocked my toeing out again, i had to then go back to him. again he brung up that my coils were sagging and my chamber was out of angle, he explained my particular model truck, the coils sag if there not stock springs which in my case they're not, they're four inches bigger. shouldnt the lift springs be stiffer and stronger so this doesnt happen? is it cheap coil springs? any ideas of how i can eliminate this so i dont murder my wallet?
thanks.

Old 12-27-2008, 04:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your model truck is bad about not holding alignment from what I've heard. Have you noticed your front end sagging. If your coilsprings are sagging, the front of the truck will be getting lower. It should be obvious if this is happening.

Old 12-27-2008, 06:04 PM
yeah i have but is there a way to eliminate this?

Old 12-27-2008, 10:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No, not really. If it's that bad, I'd be contacting Rancho and asking for replacements. Are you talking about inches of sag or just enough to affect the alignment.

Old 12-28-2008, 04:43 PM
enough to effect the alignment, i've heard of straight axle conversions but i'm not sure of the difficulty

Quick Reply: coil spring sag!!!