Drop Shackles

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drop Shackles

I've got a 2wd '04 supercab sitting at stock height with stock tires.

Say I wanted to lower the rear -just- enough to where it doesn't look raked out, how much do I lower the rear end?

Keep in mind that I don't want the thing looking like it's a** is dragging...even if the rear ended up sitting just a pinch higher than the front AFTER the install, I wouldn't mind. Would 2.5" be safe? Suggestions?

Thanks!!

Old 10-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
A popular one with many of us is the Ground Force 2" kit. It has the wedges included to put the pumpkin back at the correct angle.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice...thanks!

Nice pickup! I used to have one like it but in oxford white...that is, until my dad fell asleep on the interstate and went end over end at 70 mph

Good thing he was ok though...

Old 10-06-2008, 09:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you aren't sure how much of a drop you want I would look for a set that have more than one set of holes for different heights. I know Beltech has 2 sets of holes and I'm sure there are other brands that do as well. I would suggest buying the pinion angle shims too. I have an 04 2wd scab like you and lowering shackles caused a vibration I couldn't get rid of even with shims, so I went back to stock. In most cases the shims work fine.

Quick Reply: Drop Shackles