F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Suspension (https://www.f150online.com/forums/suspension-28/)
-   -   5.5" Lift on front (https://www.f150online.com/forums/suspension/333802-5-5-lift-front.html)

wandell 05-22-2008 12:52 PM

I agree.

neuspeed5 05-22-2008 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by upioneer (Post 3217742)
way to kill my dream there buddy! jk. ok so 35s on 22s. dont think that will look so hot. anyways lets say i go 6" but in the future i wanted a bit larger is it possible to add the level/spacer and an appropriate size block/AAL in back?

I am confused. In your first post, you mentioned you had to park in a parking structure and the 6" lift was going to be too tall. And, there was no way getting around that. Now, it seems from your posts, that a 6" is an option. I would figure out your parking situation for sure, i.e. what the clearance is for the structure and what the total height of a 2wd with a 6" lift is.

If you can fit a 6", then I say get a fabtech or procomp (if either makes a 6" for a 2wd. Not sure about the whole 2wd scene). I would also sell your 22's and go to an 18 or 20 for the 35's that you will be trying to fit. Either 18 or 20 would look good.

If you can't fit a 6", then get the autospring. Again, I would sell the 22's and go to an 18 or 20 for the 33's that you will be trying to fit. 18 would be more proportionate.

You have a lot of options, but it all depends on where you need to fit your truck.

upioneer 05-30-2008 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by neuspeed5 (Post 3218547)
I am confused. In your first post, you mentioned you had to park in a parking structure and the 6" lift was going to be too tall. And, there was no way getting around that. Now, it seems from your posts, that a 6" is an option. I would figure out your parking situation for sure, i.e. what the clearance is for the structure and what the total height of a 2wd with a 6" lift is.

If you can fit a 6", then I say get a fabtech or procomp (if either makes a 6" for a 2wd. Not sure about the whole 2wd scene). I would also sell your 22's and go to an 18 or 20 for the 35's that you will be trying to fit. Either 18 or 20 would look good.

If you can't fit a 6", then get the autospring. Again, I would sell the 22's and go to an 18 or 20 for the 33's that you will be trying to fit. 18 would be more proportionate.

You have a lot of options, but it all depends on where you need to fit your truck.

thnx for ur input. well what i was saying in the 1st post at the time my understanding was that the overall height of the truck would be raised 6" (rear raised 6" with the front raised enough to match which would be about 9") which sounded too big at the time, but now knowing its 3 in back and 6 in front i think that would handle. i see a lifted dodge in there all the time, although it doesnt look much taller than mine from the looks i think its a 3" body lift. havent scoped it out up close but i think ive seen a big gap by the rear wheel well. but about 35" on 22s i dunno. i can almost clear 35 on stock, regardless of what ppl say can and cannot fit. im rollin 33s on stock and its got clearance no rub whatsoever. so im positive with a level or modest lift 35s or under the slightest bit of luck 36 (w/4-6" lift) would squeeze in. ive been lookin for tires and lifts as well as i plan to purchase both at the same time and have these street queen tires taken off but i see very few options for 35" R22. and the options i do have are about $500/pop. im a fan of the larger rim/MT combo. im not into donut style (16" with 35s or 37s). maybe im not lookin in the right places....do those prices sound about right?

edit-ok maybe not 36s but one could dream